Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help. Lucida.. Head Gasket Blown

newmanpaul

:crybaby: I have a Toyota lucida. 96 model.

The head gasket has blown and i have been given a quote of two thousand pounds.

Does anyone know a good garage i can use in kent.

Should i buy a new engine or just get a new head?

Any help you can give me would be great

Thanks

:( o dear , my brother in law's head gasket went too , he paid £2500 !!! they had to replace the entire engine!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

hi just dun my own taint that hard if its just ur head gastket easy to sort out let me no if u need any info ill try to help

ps u propbly may need a new head for it as they suffer cracks :(

just a thort cya laters mark

• 2 years later...

hi just dun my own taint that hard if its just ur head gastket easy to sort out let me no if u need any info ill try to help

ps u propbly may need a new head for it as they suffer cracks :(

just a thort cya laters mark

hiya buddy can you help with bolt sequence cant find any where

hiya buddy can ya help wi head bolt sequence cant find anywhere

• 2 months later...

General information this- bit late to help Paul I guess. About six weeks ago we had a new head fitted to our 2.2 Diesel Automatic Lucida, the old one was cracked. It cost £1734 all up from Price Brothers in Bristol- www.pricebrosengineering.co.uk. Very good service from them, except I couldn't get them to write my wife a note to say she would have to keep the speed down to 50 mph for the next 10,000 miles ;) Certainly it has run very well since.

• 1 year later...
Hi

I am about to attempt a head gasket replacement........do you have any advice for me please.

Thank you

Regards

nainka

If someone has lead you to believe that you will get away with just doing the gasket I am afraid you have been mislead. It is 99.999999% probable that your head has cracked between the valves on cylinders 3 & 4 and perhaps even all cylinders. Either way you will need a new head and head gasket. For advice as to what, where and how much join one of the dedicated Estima forums

either

www.estima-motoring.co.uk

or

www.estimaowners.com

There are many mechanics out there who making a living out of fixing ONLY these cars, that is how bad the problem is. Two of the most respected and well known however are Gary from GT Motors and Bob Murphy whose link is given above. However any home mechanic competent with a set of spanners can do the job at a fraction of the price. It is wise however to read the advice given on these forums as quality of heads and gaskets vary wildly.