Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod & T180 With Sat Nav 9004

mad_dog

Hi All,

After spending weeks wading through forum posts and internet sites it would appear that there is no good interface solution for the B9004.

Does anyone have any recommendations for connecting a IPOD touch to the B9004 and have control via the sat nav /steering wheel controls?

A bonus would be to provide track info etc on the sat nav screen.

I have tried Dension and Connects2 - dead end with the response use the FM modulator :angry:

Has anyone got the xcarlink and does it work?

I also heard the toyota fit doesnt work well with the B9004 i.e. no track info, is this correct?

Other ideas, well other than burning an MP3 disc :(

Cheers Steve

Hi All,

After spending weeks wading through forum posts and internet sites it would appear that there is no good interface solution for the B9004.

Does anyone have any recommendations for connecting a IPOD touch to the B9004 and have control via the sat nav /steering wheel controls?

A bonus would be to provide track info etc on the sat nav screen.

I have tried Dension and Connects2 - dead end with the response use the FM modulator :angry:

Has anyone got the xcarlink and does it work?

I also heard the toyota fit doesnt work well with the B9004 i.e. no track info, is this correct?

Other ideas, well other than burning an MP3 disc :(

Cheers Steve

Steve,

I have the Toyota interface fitted to an XT5 which I guess is the same model as is fitted to the T180. It does work well ( sound quality ) but the display is pretty restricted - no track info. The expensive option is to do a "Hoovie" and fit an upgraded ICE system but it would be EXPENSIVE!

I think that Anchorman has a Toyota interface as well. If anybody can find any wrinkles to make it work better he will! ;)

Steve,

Trying to do the same with a 4g Nano and a 2007 XT5 - At present DICE looks the best bet and I'm awaiting one of the UK on-line retailers to get the new version that works with the new charging system on the 4g Nano (5v USB).

DICE website is pretty helpful (http://www.diceelectronics.com/index.php) and it looks like Touch is supported - although it is a US company so there may be some challenges there with compatability!

If I go down this route, I'll let you know how it works.

Regards

Jim

• 5 months later...
Steve,

Trying to do the same with a 4g Nano and a 2007 XT5 - At present DICE looks the best bet and I'm awaiting one of the UK on-line retailers to get the new version that works with the new charging system on the 4g Nano (5v USB).

DICE website is pretty helpful (http://www.diceelectronics.com/index.php) and it looks like Touch is supported - although it is a US company so there may be some challenges there with compatability!

If I go down this route, I'll let you know how it works.

Regards

Jim

Did you buy the DICE? Any news?