Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power For Dvd Player And 2 Monitors

sandeep89

Hi

i have been given a great deal for 2 7" monitors and a dvd palyer to fit into my corolla, which i am looking to take up. However, im currently running 2 12" subs, and that alone when being turned up a bit makes my headlights and the interior light both dim...

im concerned that if i put in a dvd player and 2 monitors then things will get worse... and headlights that are too dim aren't good... obviously

if this is going to be a problem, i would appreciate some advice as to what i can do to fix this... i.e. relay kits or power capacitors linked to my subs etc.

thanks a lot

sandeep

You could go by putting in a bigger Battery, or a few power caps to boost the power for the cost effective way, but what about putting in a bigger alternator, most people tend to over look this part of the link as its where the power comes from.

hi

thanks for your reply

i have thought about the altenator, but i don't want to do anything to the car that i can't transfer over to a new car, as the one i have right now might not be around for long.

ill think about the bigger Battery and power caps, dont really know how much they will help, or how many ill need and what to connect them too thought :unsure:

How big is the amp running your subs at the mo?

Is there anything else in your car that would draw alot of power from the Battery as well?

If it's only one amp for your subs, then i think a power cap should be more than enough to keep it topped up.

If you have more, than consider a bigger Battery, or maybe a second Battery on a split charge.

It all depends on how much your budget is, and also how long your going to keep the car as well

Bing

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
ive got two amps... one for my twin subs, and one for the rear speakers (4) :D

thanks a lot for the help, will take it all into consideration

sandeep

Dont know if you`ve done the job yet but i am running a 6 channel amp supplying power to 4 x components and 2 x 12" subs

in a ported box and all i fitted was a 1 farad cap with good cable supplying that and the amp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links