Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TNS300 DVD Navigation

Ron

Hello everybody,

Does anyone of you know if this DVD-navigation aparatus also takes traffic jams into account? Does it calculate alternative routes then?

Kind regards,

Ron

If the unit was purchased from Summer 2002 onwards it will using the TMS system.

Sorry! Just relaised my answer only applies to UK models. I don't think there is such a facility on non UK models!

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I have the TNS200 installed in my RAV4. Makes navigating the streets of London a breeze.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the add in model that provides the TNS200 with traffic information.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I have asked about TNS 200 taking traffic info service.

Apparently there is a module which can be purchased from Toyota that sits next to your Nav unit in the boot.

I was told it is easy to install, but not sure how much it will cost!

If you find out let me know by PM.

I was told by a couple of dealers that the TNS300 (i.e. the DVD based system) would provide the Electronic Traffic Avoidance in the UK.

I have just had the TNS300 fitted to my Corolla and have found that the option is disabled/doen't work.

The dealer is looking into this again for me, can anybody confirm that the TNS300 does work with the Traffic Avoidance and whether there is an additional cable / part / upgrade/ magic trick required to get it working

Thanks

My 51 Avensis GS has the ETA/TMC box and it works OK, but one needs the correct CD otherwise, when trying to enable TMC fron the menu one gets ther error message "Wrong CD". At least two franchised Toyota dealers in the Reading area have problems understanding this error message. There seems to be a need for some additional software (on the CD?) to recognise and run the ETA box when the SatNav box works OK. Although easy to demonstrate this "complexity" here in the UK on a UK CD (by getting the parts manager and sales manager to observe a demonstration on their forecourt), problems may arise if the franchisor/Toyota GB supply the wrong CD for France (as an example) - it can only be tested with the vehicle physically in France (or Monaco).

I Dont even get the option on the screen !

The DVD based system covers all of Europe - are we still saying that a UK specifiv DVD is required ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links