Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Need A Super Hero! My Gt4 Wont Start!

Stoff

hi guys, im in need of some serious help! last week my 1994 gt4 died when i was driving And now it wont start.

The stater motor cranks up but it wont fire up.

I have no spark and no injection.

i blew an intercooler pipe clip on the same day it died if that could have some thing to do with it. but i just re-attached it and it ran fine till it died.

I've taken it to a garage and they dont have a clue. toyota wont touch it cos its an import.

If any one has a slight idea what it could be please help!!

thanks. Chris

CHECK FOR ERROR CODES 1STLY.

the only ting coming up is 53 somting to do with the intercooler apperently.

but that wouldnt stop it from starting would it??

the only ting coming up is 53 somting to do with the intercooler apperently.

but that wouldnt stop it from starting would it??

I'm not familiar with that engine, but is there an EFI fuse that could have blown preventing fuel delivery?

code 54 is water levels in chargecooler

code 53 = 53 - KNK Knock control in ECU faulty ECU

If you need an expert on the GT4, contact Ian at Toyota Repairs and Development in Hucknall (J27 M1)

i have a front mounted intercooler so how can i check the water levels?? also i now have fault code 14??? anybody know what that is??

thanks

do you have a contact number for ian at Toyota Repairs and Development in Hucknall? thankyou

01159 680666

could be that the ignitor is disconnected.

ive had enough of fault finding my self. :ffs: :censor:

i found a garage in york called samuri performance that think they'll ba able to sort it.

so i dropped it off on sunday so fingers crossed ill have it back by xmas. :yahoo:

ill let you know the out come and thank you for all the help and advice!

if you've a FMIC then you'll always get a code 54 untill you modify the system to fool the ECU into thinking the charge cooler is there and levels are ok, click the link in my sig to get a how-to on the fault codes and what they mean.

code 14 = Check igniter, ignition coil, ECU and IGT wire to igniter. Can be caused by wire feed into the coil. The IGF signal is fed back to the ECU to inform the ECU that the igniter is "ok"

Think i could have your solution, had the same problem with my avensis. What mileage is on your car? My Avensis turned over perfectly but there was no smell of petrol and there was no spark when i took the plug out. Check your crankshaft sensor. Its to do with the timing of yor engine. Very cheap part to buy, easliy taken from another similar car. Check that and see if it does any good and best of luck with it

i thought that at 1st but then was told that the GT4 had no such sensor. but then was later told that it did, but no one seems to know where it is.

any body know where it is??

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

the garage i took my car to is pulling blanks. but they still havent changed the crank sensor. any body have an idea where the hell it is???

thanks, Stoff.

:yahoo: my car is fixed turns out it was a fauty wire on the ecu. shame i spent hundreds of ponds on new bits 1st.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links