Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gt-four St185 Burnt Out Clutch

OZZY_C

Yes very bad news im affriad i need to replace my clutch on the st185. Does anyone have any idea how much roughly its going to cost (labour) iv seen sports clutches for like £120 would you recomend i ge a sports clutch or just a standerd one? or should i just get a new car?

£300 ish seems to be the price banded about on the GT4OC if done by the "mr clutch" franchises"

http://www.mrclutch.com/pages/home.php

it helps if they have experience of the GT-Four

Hi Caldina, thank you very much for your help I have been calling my local garges most of them do not even want to touch the job and the others are qoting £650+ I will give these guys a call tomarrow and see what they say. If a clutch is going to cost £650 then im not sure what I am going to do love the car but 650 is a bit much....

they are quite an old but capable car I had 2 ST185s before the caldina :-)

is the clutch definatly fried as the 185 does have a problem with the clutch pedal bracket being weak and prone to breakage this can make gearchanges almost impossible.

or is it a case of in higher gears when trying to accelerate the revs rise but the road speed does not climb often accompanied by a nasty smell

is the clutch definatly fried as the 185 does have a problem with the clutch pedal bracket being weak and prone to breakage this can make gearchanges almost impossible.

or is it a case of in higher gears when trying to accelerate the revs rise but the road speed does not climb often accompanied by a nasty smell

I definatly fink it is fried mate when trying to accelerate the revs rise but the road speed does not climb often accompanied by a nasty smell. It has now got to the stage where it goes into gear fine but there is no biteing point I can put it into first easy then lift the clutch pedal without giving any petrol and the car does not even try to move.

The rest of the car is great inside and out.

I also contacted Mr Clutch they quoted me £425 which is much better than the £650 i got quoted from local garages but do you think it is worth it? dont get me wrong I do love the car its just 425 is a lot of money and with all this credit crunch business times are tough.

I definatly fink it is fried mate when trying to accelerate the revs rise but the road speed does not climb often accompanied by a nasty smell. It has now got to the stage where it goes into gear fine but there is no biteing point I can put it into first easy then lift the clutch pedal without giving any petrol and the car does not even try to move.

I also contacted Mr Clutch they quoted me £425 which is much better than the £650 i got quoted from local garages but do you think it is worth it? dont get me wrong I do love the car its just 425 is a lot of money and with all this credit crunch business times are tough.

Yeah defo sounds like clutch problems, where abouts in uk are you might be able to reccomend a decent garage.

Yeah defo sounds like clutch problems, where abouts in uk are you might be able to reccomend a decent garage.

based in Harlow essex bro.

The best one i know of in you area ish is in stevanage try http://www.thmc.co.uk/ not used them my self but a couple from my london car club have reccomended them.

Sorry my mate is in stevanage the garages are here

Chaul End Lane, Luton,

V4 Watling Street, Milton Keynes (near the Standing Way H8 roundabout)

Kingsditch Lane, Cheltenham

The best one i know of in you area ish is in stevanage try http://www.thmc.co.uk/ not used them my self but a couple from my london car club have reccomended them.

Chaul End Lane, Luton,

Thank you mate your your help i think they are a bit far but if they come in with a competitive price they it might be worth it.

my mate has just qualified as a service man on cars and he is willing to attemp having a go on changing the clutch for me. is this a bad idea it cant get any worse can it???

Chaul End Lane, Luton,

Thank you mate your your help i think they are a bit far but if they come in with a competitive price they it might be worth it.

my mate has just qualified as a service man on cars and he is willing to attemp having a go on changing the clutch for me. is this a bad idea it cant get any worse can it???

Ok if he has only just qualled find out if he has completed a clutch as there are many permutations of problems, otherwise find a mechanic that has done this to help, i am sure you can pop down to a local garage and get one after hours for

£50 or like wise. If you could have got it to me we could have sorted it here.

Let me know on the price for future ref and all cheers and no probs I have a 182 that i have been working on she is sweet and like the non turbo part, means i can drive a fast car and not eat fuel hahahaha

Chaul End Lane, Luton,

Ok if he has only just qualled find out if he has completed a clutch as there are many permutations of problems, otherwise find a mechanic that has done this to help, i am sure you can pop down to a local garage and get one after hours for

£50 or like wise. If you could have got it to me we could have sorted it here.

Let me know on the price for future ref and all cheers and no probs I have a 182 that i have been working on she is sweet and like the non turbo part, means i can drive a fast car and not eat fuel hahahaha

He has only qualified as a service man not a mechanic im not to sure what to do is it worth a crack?.

Personally i would say no there are a lot of problems with this. it is not a simple in and out. Speak to the garage i sent you they may be able to pick up and give you a good price. I have had no bad comments about them but i am also waititng to hear from a couple of other london mates that might be able to help.

Personally i would say no there are a lot of problems with this. it is not a simple in and out. Speak to the garage i sent you they may be able to pick up and give you a good price. I have had no bad comments about them but i am also waititng to hear from a couple of other london mates that might be able to help.

I have to take the job on me and my mate are going to give it a crack. what do we have to loose? I am going to buy the exedy clutch from eBay (many people recomended this one) for only £119 then give it a go. any one got some advice?

I just want the car back on the road feel the boost....

what are your plans for the power of the car? if not massive then a stock clutch will be fine, contact TCB as they will be able to sort you one out :)

what are your plans for the power of the car? if not massive then a stock clutch will be fine, contact TCB as they will be able to sort you one out :)

well I have orderd the exedy clutch will be with me on tuesday me and my mate are going to start removing parts off the car tomarrow(sunday) so as soon as it arrives we can slip it in. is there anything I need to worry about or anything I need to do other than replace the clutch?

check the flywheel and make sure the face of it looks ok, otherthan that, good luck taking the weight of the gearbox :lol:

check the flywheel and make sure the face of it looks ok, otherthan that, good luck taking the weight of the gearbox :lol:

cheers mate.....Fingers crossed we will do it with no problems.