Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Down Again!

Norfolk n Chance

Local Shell's now only 87.9p!! :yahoo:

I'm loving this credit crunch! :lol:

My local Morissons is 86.9p but i don't trust supermarket fuel! :lol:

My local Morissons is 86.9p but i don't trust supermarket fuel! :lol:

I'd risk Morrisons weasel pee at that price :yes:

Oh, sorry - thought you typed 8.69p ;)

How handy.... I'm down to 1/4 of a tank and the Mrs is using my car to drop me off this evening.... With her lead foot that'll need a fill up lol.

They never seem to reduce premium fuel as much :(

It had better keep coming down too with the way the oil prices have dropped, they're more than happy to wack huge %ages on when oil prices go up yet when they go down dramatically they only knock it down a little bit. I'm happy it's cheaper but I still can't help but feel we're getting anally abused by companies who are breaking records with the amount of profit that they're making while continually telling us it's all tax

our local tesco is 86.8 - well it was today when i went past :yahoo:

I have new appreciation for the work that actually goes into producing fuel after visiting the Shell stanlow refinery last week, i actually think its a bargain that we get one litre of fuel for £0.86! They are a business at the end of the day , thats what there main aim is - to make money

and 74% of the cost of fuel is made up from tax - both fuel duty and vat, so for a litre of petrol at £0.86, £0.64 of that is tax - and so the fuel companies make just £0.22 per litre - i think thats astoundingly cheap for fuel! I cant think of many other industries into which so much research is done and the product is sold for so little :huh:

Just put £20 in at 86.9 at our local Shell.

It was Rammed!! ASDA has ran out of petrol and the price had dropped around 5 minutes before I got there. QUite lucky really as my needle was about to fall off!

99 cent per litre here for both Petrol & diesel (Texaco)

I can't be bothered doing the math. but I think the Euro is about 89 cent to the Pound, so we are probably paying slightly more. Big improvement, though :thumbsup:

86.9 here in the local shell, wooo full tank for £30

(waits for 'double the price of your fiat' jokes)

:huh:

People actually pay money to drive a Fiat?? :bag:

:lol:

My local Shell's also down to 86.9p now! :D

86.9 here in the local shell, wooo full tank for £30

(waits for 'double the price of your fiat' jokes)

£30? That's twice the cost of your...

Bugger

Lets enjoy it while we can , not many people noticed that Gordon increased fuel tax by 2p a litre, to coincide with the cut in vat , on the 1st of december... a further rise in fuel tax is also planned for april.

Still a large differential between petrol & diesel tho, grrrrr :angry:

Lets enjoy it while we can , not many people noticed that Gordon increased fuel tax by 2p a litre, to coincide with the cut in vat , on the 1st of december... a further rise in fuel tax is also planned for april.

got an email from petrolprices.com about that

The idea was that with falling prices and a reduction in VAT it wouldn't make a difference to what we pay at the pump.

And since the 1st December petrol has still been falling in price :thumbsup:

Still a large differential between petrol & diesel tho, grrrrr :angry:

No difference @ my local Filling Station here in Ireland. Both are 99 cent per litre :thumbsup:

85.9 in cleethorpes, with alot more drops planned in the coming months :D

Always provided that the "you know what" doesn't hit the fan for any one of a myriad reasons <_<

Sorry :lol: I'm a dyed in the wool pessimist. If I am right, it was only what I expected. If I am wrong, I get a pleasant surprise :thumbsup: It is a Win, Win attitude :lol:

I have used the same logic for years...

Probably why everyone thinks I'm a miserable C-unit :lol:

85.9p for Unleaded and 90.9p for Super Unleaded at the Tesco's near here :D

Thats a little Xmas pressie itself! :)

our local tesco is 86.8 - well it was today when i went past :yahoo:

I have new appreciation for the work that actually goes into producing fuel after visiting the shell stanlow refinery last week, i actually think its a bargain that we get one litre of fuel for £0.86! They are a business at the end of the day , thats what there main aim is - to make money

and 74% of the cost of fuel is made up from tax - both fuel duty and vat, so for a litre of petrol at £0.86, £0.64 of that is tax - and so the fuel companies make just £0.22 per litre - i think thats astoundingly cheap for fuel! I cant think of many other industries into which so much research is done and the product is sold for so little :huh:

I never thought of it that way Teegs...

But I guess if you put it in perspective.... there are approx 32million vehicles on UK roads - that includes buses, lorries, vans and taxis as well as cars. All those vehicles need fuel.

If each of those 32 million vehicles put in one litre each that'd be £7,040,000 (I think) per litre of fuel for the oil companies.

Of course, that's unrealistic to say that each of those 32 million cars fuel up at the same time and each put only one litre in. But bearing in mind the amount of traffic on our roads, that's a hell of a lot of money going to the oil companies...

Of course, it's a hell of a lot more for the government but lets not go there!

The maths is probably wrong - I'm a software tester, not a mathematician! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links