Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Induction Kit

Titto

Okay ordered. 68 bucks plus about 7 bucks delivery. Not too bad, cheaper than a quite a few of the other websites out there B)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CraigT

• Titto

• John R

• ZeroBlade

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how getting cold air to the air filter is good...

I've got room to put another one of the pipes you get with the kit from the side air intake of the car to the filter...

Is it worth doing this?

I knew it was a bad thing signing up to this forum .... lol

Just ordered a K&N IK too @ £75 inc postage. Already got the magnex decat but didnt notice much difference to be honest. This might comliment it :)

I knew it was a bad thing signing up to this forum .... lol

Just ordered a K&N IK too @ £75 inc postage. Already got the magnex decat but didnt notice much difference to be honest. This might comliment it :)

Haha we're the K&N gang! :blink:

Haha we're the K&N gang!

hehe, well that only cos wer're cheap skates, and can't be bothered payin extra for summin like the APEXi... well thats my reason newy...

You know how getting cold air to the air filter is good...

I've got room to put another one of the pipes you get with the kit from the side air intake of the car to the filter...

Is it worth doing this?

I've considered this, but again i don't think the n/a engine really needs the extra cold air. Tho i'm not to sure...

It seems to be performing pretty well for me.

tho i'm thinking about replacing the pipes with samco hoses or similar, for aesthetic reasons and in the hope they mite actually help performance. Was is steve that had the blue hoses and wrapped exhaust manifold pipes? that's were i stole the idea from as it seemed like a good one!

-Z

Im not really into the heavy modding so I think the K&N is nice and easy and not too expensive either.

I suppose the reason why I dont want to spend a fortune is because one day I'll sell it and move on.................even though I couldnt imagine that at this moment in time.

Awwww bugger, just checked the part number of my order to one on a different website and this is what came up:

2.0 1990-94

(without airflow meter only) 57-0091

What does 'without airflow meter only' mean??!!

MR2 2.0 90-94 KN57-0091-1

That's the part i ordered, the only difference is the extra -1 at the end...

Not 100% sure about the "w/o af meter only bit" tho...

I think it may mean that the bit that connects the filter to the engine doesnt have a hole in it to pop the airflow meter from the 2 into it.

I can't be sure tho cos i thought all early model 2's had afm as opposed to map? or it that only in regards to tubbys... :unsure:

-Z

Dont think mine has an air flow meter and its an N/A, but you do have to put an air temp sensor into the air filter, but if it doesnt have the hole, you can drill one - it'll be dead simple.

Right I just contacted them and they advised me that they would have phoned me to check if I needed the airflow meter or not.

Problem is I dont know if I have an airflow meter :unsure:

Can anyone offer me any enlightenment on this as Id rather cancel it now than order the wrong one.

As far as im aware, you have the air flow meter if its a turbo, if its n/a then you dont. point out to them that you require the filter with the hole in its base to put the temp sensor....

Also, when you changed your orange indicators to clear ones, can you use any indicators???

Im wanting to sort mine out but quite fancy some off another make starting with vaux and ending in hall...

Right I think its the wrong one.

Here is a description from another website:

2.0 16v 173bhp 1994-00 57-0387 83.20

Mine is the 173bhp model.

Notice the different part number?

Snake, ring MOTORWORLD on 01332 669666 or 673932.

I got mine from them and just ask em what part number you require. They'll sort it for ya.

Also, when you changed your orange indicators to clear ones, can you use any indicators???

Im wanting to sort mine out but quite fancy some off another make starting with vaux and ending in hall...

The ones I ordered were not the official repeaters but were listed as being for MR2's Supra's, and Celica's.

I dont think you can use any ones without a bit of modding.

The ones I bought were about £23

What are you doing about your order Skakeeater?

Right matey I just spoke to them. Basically if your MR2 is a non-turbo 2.0 GT 16v 173bhp year 1994 - 00 then you need the induction kit with the part number of 57-0387

Give them a ring and ask them to alter your order to the above part number and job done :thumbsup:

Just phoned them but no answer. Sent an email just now explaining. Will phone them again tomoz. Thanks for the part # :lol:

Right, I'll rememebr that for when I'm ordering mine. What's the price?

Is it Motorworld you have ordered it from? If it is, I'll just go into my local shop with the part number.

Thanks.

John R: I paid around £79.00 for the correct ones which was a little more. Got it from www.prosport.uk.com

Titto: Side repeaters I cant remember to be honest, I'll check when I get home from work tonight. As for the clear corners, they are official Rev4 ones which I got from Fensport