Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Light

estimaman

I HAVE A LUCIDA 4X4 THE OIL LIGHT CAME ON YES THE OIL WAS LOW I TOPPED THE OIL UP TO THE FULL MARK ON THE EXPANTION TANK BUT OIL LIGHT STAYS ON TICK OVER I HAVE LEFT FOR 1HR WENT BACK OUT STARTED IT LIGHT HAS GONE OUT NOW DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE SENSOR OR ITS WORKING OK NOW PS WHY DID IT TAKE LONG FOR LIGHT TO GO OUT WHEN I PUT OIL IN IT DOES IT TAKE A WHILE TO GET ROUND ENGINE MANY THANKS :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I HAVE A LUCIDA 4X4 THE OIL LIGHT CAME ON YES THE OIL WAS LOW I TOPPED THE OIL UP TO THE FULL MARK ON THE EXPANTION TANK BUT OIL LIGHT STAYS ON TICK OVER I HAVE LEFT FOR 1HR WENT BACK OUT STARTED IT LIGHT HAS GONE OUT NOW DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE SENSOR OR ITS WORKING OK NOW PS WHY DID IT TAKE LONG FOR LIGHT TO GO OUT WHEN I PUT OIL IN IT DOES IT TAKE A WHILE TO GET ROUND ENGINE MANY THANKS :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi, if your oil level ever gets that low to the point where the warning light comes on , don't rely on the oil top up tank . Pull the passenger seat and check the dipstick and fill direct to the engine. Once the dipstick says full , then top up the front oil tank. This system is a good idea if it works properly , but the older the car gets the less reliable this pumped system gets. Owing to the fact that the engine is in an awkward place and the oil checks are overlooked and left for longer than usual , this results in the oil turning quite thick and gunky , which then clogs up the float sensor in the sump . This can lead to the pump putting in more oil than the engine needs (this usually leaks out passed the dipstick or through the sump gasket) or it can have the opposite effect and not pump enough oil in to the engine. I wouldn't rely on this system , manually check the level every so often and change the oil every 4000 miles . Then during one oil change drop the sump it's very easy, 16 small bolts and 1 hose. There's no gasket as such, it's just instant gasket. Then just clean the sensor (make sure it slides up/down ok).

Ok i'm going on a bit here.

Happy Christmas all

Cheers Daz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links