Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Arriving To The Wrong Port?!

tony4

Hi guys, I have a mr2 turbo arriving end of this month to the liverpool port?! :angry::wacko: ... not the one I specified to Southampton...

My agent is going to compensate as the distance difference is 200 and 70 miles to Bath. Anyone having experience transporting their car from the port? driving it or use car mover transport (rough price guide please). So I won't rip off by the agent.

And I also need to get hold off a 120mph dial ( i don't want to de-strict it - cutting off at 120mph before I go mad is a good thing for a 20 years old) and other MOT stuff, anyone knows where to get it?

Thankyou.

You're 20 and you're importing a turbo?

Firekin 'ell.

I'm 20 and can barely afford to insure an N/A that's already in the country!!! Mind you I'm happy for it not to be as quick for the time being...

However, it is a G Limited and has had the dials swapped over so I'll ask the soon-to-be-previous owner.

Either that or I'm sure Bibbs can help :D

When I imported mine .. I went down with the importer and picked it up .. as well as helping on other cars it ment I saw my baby off the boat (more or less).

Get a dial off a UK car and swap it in. I've got a speed converter in my car .. they just bosh (techie term) a MPH sticker over the KMPH .. about 50 notes in the back of Banzai ..

Ofcourse I've check the insurance. cost £700 for tpft and £1100 fully comp from tesco in 6weeks when I'm 21. Haven't tried adrian flux and Dorset yet.

Bibbs, did you drive back without insurance. Initially I've found an insurance company willing to insure just imported car for one month during the registration process for very good price . However I'm just 6weeks short of being 21, refused to give me quote...

That's a bit good (the insurance)! Think I'll give Tescos a call, possibly.

Unfortunately for me my 21st is a bit of a way off yet (try a whole year)! :(

Bibbs, did you drive back without insurance.

I gave Dorset my details and the chassis number and they insured me ..

Added the mods and the reg when I knew what they were !!

Ofcourse I've check the insurance. cost £700 for tpft and £1100 fully comp from tesco in 6weeks when I'm 21. Haven't tried adrian flux and Dorset yet.

Bibbs, did you drive back without insurance. Initially I've found an insurance company willing to insure just imported car for one month during the registration process for very good price . However I'm just 6weeks short of being 21, refused to give me quote...

that's cheap insurance !!

Alot cheaper than what Tesco quoted me and I'm 24 !!!

Do you live on your own island with no other cars and no other people ??

Bibbs, did you drive back without insurance.

I gave Dorset my details and the chassis number and they insured me ..

Added the mods and the reg when I knew what they were !!

me too... done the same

as far as insurance & "mods" go what exactly do u havta tell em?

I mean is stuff like k&n (induction kit), spark-plugs, leads, brake pads, discs considered a "mod" if they're different from manufacturer spec?

I'm not really sure on this bit, cos i dont wanna get bummed w. a bill if insurance says i'm not insured cos i had magnecor leads, or red-dot discs etc.

:unsure:

-Z

The price of the quote could be down to the location Bath is a pretty safe place, my premium to £800 fully comp. 26 with 0 NCB (new policy).

Jimlad, price might be lower for Tony due to the length of time he has been driving - if it's since 17, he will have been on the road for four years. You've been driving for around a year?

Tony, word of advice, go for fully comp insurance if you can. If you or someone else writes your baby off you'll get nothing back at all!!

I mean is stuff like k&n (induction kit), spark-plugs, leads, brake pads, discs considered a "mod" if they're different from manufacturer spec?

yup .. anything non spec ..

I've even told them about my sprayed interior, plugs and tyres ..

Every little detail .. even that I have a snooper ..

Yes, Dame is right. I've have been driving since 17 and have got 4 years no claim when 21.

I have read a list of insurance rating for different area. Bath consider to be 2..outer bath will be 1(the safetest place). Some of the worst one were Manchester, Cardiff (something like 7B)... but only varies in £300 for the 2 different extreme area.

Hi guys, I have a mr2 turbo arriving end of this month to the liverpool port?! :angry::wacko: ... not the one I specified to Southampton...

My agent is going to compensate as the distance difference is 200 and 70 miles to Bath. Anyone having experience transporting their car from the port? driving it or use car mover transport (rough price guide please). So I won't rip off by the agent.

And I also need to get hold off a 120mph dial ( i don't want to de-strict it - cutting off at 120mph before I go mad is a good thing for a 20 years old) and other MOT stuff, anyone knows where to get it?

Thankyou.

Without WANTING to sound pedantic your car will not go above 110 as the absolute max allowed in Japan is 112. :thumbsup:

ah.... ic jimma.. 110mph might just be enough.. I only pushed up to 120mph once in my whole life in an Integra when I was 18. Since then, I didn't go more than 100mph.

I promised myself not to do such silly thing agian, it is irresponsible to other road user and I will rather do it on track if I want to.

I dunno if its psychological but people who have de-limited thier cars have noticed in increase in power thru out the rev range in 1rst and 2nd etc. So fair enuff you may only have 110mph..but you wont have the full power of the car in day to day driving. Apparently it depends on the type of de-limiter and car. Im not sure about mr2 Tubbys tho.

I've even told them about my sprayed interior, plugs and tyres ..

Every little detail .. even that I have a snooper ..

!Removed! nora Ben, u r playin it safe.

Gues i'll havta giv TESCO a buz then, i didnt really think it applied to stuff like this, hopefully they wont hike up my premium!

-Z

Yup - if they don't charge for Mods I'll tell them everything ..

I want NO comeback after an accident .. I've even included (new) prices of each item so in the worst case they can not say "that's too expensive for suspension" ..

We'll they've known everything for 2 years now ..

Yup - if they don't charge for Mods I'll tell them everything ..

I want NO comeback after an accident .. I've even included (new) prices of each item so in the worst case they can not say "that's too expensive for suspension" ..

We'll they've known everything for 2 years now ..

and they'll still :censor: u over in the event of a claim!

they are all a disgrace! :ffs:

read my sig. - can u feel the dark side!

I dunno if its psychological but people who have de-limited thier cars have noticed in increase in power thru out the rev range in 1rst and 2nd etc. So fair enuff you may only have 110mph..but you wont have the full power of the car in day to day driving. Apparently it depends on the type of de-limiter and car. Im not sure about mr2 Tubbys tho.

If this is true then I'm getting it done.. after over a year of my sweet n/a MR2 I still think its rapid.

I'm gonna start a new thread.