Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Civic Type-r

Rolla_SR

Hi All,

Maybe its just my bad experience, but it seems Type-R owners don't like the Rollas?

Just tonight I had one shadowing me when I went to Tescos and back, he proper got stuck to me like a magnet reving his engine wanting to 'race' obviously i ignored the gesture and drove responsibly home...

anyone else have any trouble with people in Type Rs?

People in Type-R's are starting to realise what potential the 'Rollas have. Sure, they're not as quick, especially on the corners, but hey!

The CTS has 200cc less and only 8BHP less, Go figure. In the wet the CTR is screwed..

There's quite a few Type-R's around here that just want to race anything and everything. Probablyu the same with that guy driving. 'Cos the SR / CTS looks sport he probably didn't realise you had a diesel.

Hi All,

Maybe its just my bad experience, but it seems Type-R owners don't like the Rollas?

Just tonight I had one shadowing me when I went to Tescos and back, he proper got stuck to me like a magnet reving his engine wanting to 'race' obviously i ignored the gesture and drove responsibly home...

all the time dude although its usually the fools with there "type 1.4's" in my area, as the saying goes tho "honda drivers will rev at anything"

I've had a few behind me, I mean less than a cars width at speed and it really does start to annoy after a while.

One of which was a young lad wearing a baseball cap and on his mobile, cant really generalise but the majority of type r owners I've seen have been in the same sort of category. Mind that, I meet a type-r on the way to work every day going in the same direction and he drives pretty sensibly. Really cant stand people driving up my backside, no need for it at all.

Not really had anyone attempting to race though, plenty of saxo vtr/vts owners have - who try to race everything on wheels. I dont think a lot of people know much about the CTS, its probably why you get those dumb-founded looks in your rear view when you accelerate off.

I've had a few behind me, I mean less than a cars width at speed and it really does start to annoy after a while.

One of which was a young lad wearing a baseball cap and on his mobile, cant really generalise but the majority of type r owners I've seen have been in the same sort of category. Mind that, I meet a type-r on the way to work every day going in the same direction and he drives pretty sensibly. Really cant stand people driving up my backside, no need for it at all.

Not really had anyone attempting to race though, plenty of saxo vtr/vts owners have - who try to race everything on wheels. I dont think a lot of people know much about the CTS, its probably why you get those dumb-founded looks in your rear view when you accelerate off.

Yes I get a few of them as well, even though the SR is alot slower on paper its still quite nippy and has 330 torque when chipped :)

Hi All,

You could quite literally smoke em :lol: ;)

Strangely I havent had any bother with the Type R brigade.. Which isnt what i expected when i bought the CTS...

Type R's are as common as muck around here, every clown with a driving license and no originality has one, but ive never been pushed to race by one. They seem to be fairly laid back where i live.. Must be the constant wet weather, they realise they are going to take their life in their hands if they try and race anything :D

But i have to agree with you FoxX, its the cheap french car contingent that are the problem especially the saxo brigade.

I will bet my months wages that if a car is stuck right up your dot on a dual carriage way or motorway its either a BMW, Audi or a saxo(or similar french toy, clio's are also one of my particular hates) :angry: .

But there is no point humouring those guys, even if you burn them off up a motorway and cool off and cruise at 70 you can bet your life they will take the worlds longest run up and make sure they pass you four miles up the road... Its like clockwork.. They all seem to think that having a 900 yard run up and passing you at 80 (when really you have long since lost interest and started thinking about whats for dinner) and looking in with the "dead serious, my cars beaten yours in the end" look will actually convice you that youve somehow been beaten... :huh: ..

But there is no point humouring those guys, even if you burn them off up a motorway and cool off and cruise at 70 you can bet your life they will take the worlds longest run up and make sure they pass you four miles up the road... Its like clockwork.. They all seem to think that having a 900 yard run up and passing you at 80 (when really you have long since lost interest and started thinking about whats for dinner) and looking in with the "dead serious, my cars beaten yours in the end" look will actually convice you that youve somehow been beaten...
Unless of course you know a stretch of road where by the time you are at 70mph and they are giving it that last 90mph push there is a speed camera ;)

type R drivers in general are idiots.

from what i have seen EVERY SINGLE type r owner is an idiot who thinks he owns the roads cos he has a fast car. will dirve like an idiot, will cut up ppl like an idiot and will go through red lights like an idiot.

and if you happen to be side by side on traffic lights they will look at you like an idiot.

Type R owners are generally chav's, maybe Honda should make a Burberry Type R :P :lol:

Round near me the only people that tend to want to race are surprisingly not your Type R/french hatch crap.

Instead i must live in a "posh" area as it's newer BMW's, Merc's etc.... and the odd taxi driver! :lol:

burberry type r haha that would be awesome.

ye me too i live in a jewish area and generally no idiots, just merc, bmws, sometimes an audi r8 parks up in front :P and a taxi driver too jus few houses down lol

but when i drive up the road for about 10mins and reach hendon/conlindale areas, then all the idiots appear with their corsas, polos, golfs, type r's and the odd idiot bmw owner.

Hi All,

Being a CTS driver I tend to go unnoticed up here against Type R drivers. Probably because I drive a pre-facelift and it's more discreet. My older Bro drives a Type R. Probably one of the first to get one up North in 2002. I have a mate who drives one too also brought in 2002. Both are quite aggresive drivers and have already had crashes in them. Possibly sums up the typical CTR drivers.

Mind you when I drove the CTR I kinda thought I could beat anything too :P

I was also affected by this when i had my Type-R's, they do drive well. It didnt make me do anything daft though ;)

When i had the new Type-R it made me go slower as the ride was back breaking and the car slower than the CTS due to the weight, amazing Engine/Clutch/Gearbox though. :thumbsup:

Now now......I think you guys are being a bit too harsh on the CTR drivers. On my way to work I frequently meet one or two Type R's and are always very sensibly driven.....in fact on a few occasions I've had to overtake them as they were being driven so casually and not once did they ever come after me B)

Agree, though...I do hate the Corsa's and the 306's with the chavvy tints and big exhausts.. :P What I would do to be with one of them at a set of lights before a dual carriageway..... :2guns:

I get it all the time mate not only type-r's all civic's lol

i have concluded that in my area the idiots are civic drivers and polo drivers. just today some idiot pumping his sounds came next to me on traffic lights with his tints thinking i cant see him, and he was looking at me so i thought ok calm down jim....just drive normally.....green light....he drives ahead and i can see him looking through his wing mirror so i thought ok thats it....time to own him lol

in third gear caught up peice of cake...levelled with him i gave a quick glance and then left him in the dust.....idiot polo drivers :ffs: :2guns::bash:

i have concluded that in my area the idiots are civic drivers and polo drivers. just today some idiot pumping his sounds came next to me on traffic lights with his tints thinking i cant see him, and he was looking at me so i thought ok calm down jim....just drive normally.....green light....he drives ahead and i can see him looking through his wing mirror so i thought ok thats it....time to own him lol

in third gear caught up peice of cake...levelled with him i gave a quick glance and then left him in the dust.....idiot polo drivers :ffs: :2guns::bash:

i know the feeling although i had a bmw trying it on with me.... was a 316... i left it in my tracks :P

I like the type r but as many have said they are well common. Have drove a mint example of a ek9 recently and thought it was rude......but i do prefer the cts ;-)

i know the feeling although i had a bmw trying it on with me.... was a 316... i left it in my tracks :P

lol niceee

BUT its the fact that he thought his sh*tty little 1.2 or 1.4 polo can beat me which is what annoyed me lol so had to put him in his place :lol:

THe fact of the matter is

1 - if they knew how to drive the R correctly

I doubt a standard non modified rolla will have a chance ...

2 - Not all are chavs ... just some idiots.

THe fact of the matter is

1 - if they knew how to drive the R correctly

I doubt a standard non modified rolla will have a chance ...

Unless it's wet ;)

There's not a great deal between the 2 cars but the Type R does edge it when the road's dry