Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Energy Drinks

Hoovie

Recently been doing some very long journeys with very busy days, and hard to keep the driving attention focussed even when you do stop off for a break and stuff.

Tried sugary soft drinks, Coffee and Red Bull but the stuff I now use as a good pep-up is "Relentless" - Bit pricey sometimes, but there are often deals on in the shops attached to fuel stations (for example, last deal on Sunday at a Shell was £1.85 for a can, or 2 cans for £2).

Any other good energy drinks about worth trying?

I avoid energy drinks as much as I can because Lucozade wrecks my insides & I've heard bad things about red bull. I do have the odd fizzy drink when out & about & eat tonnes of chocolate but generally speaking I avoid energy drinks in case they have a similar impact as Lucozade does

caffeine is a toxin to the body and will leave you dehydrated , all you need is water and some dextrose powder mixed in a bottle - throw on an AC/DC cd and your sorted.

!!!! throw on an AC/DC cd and I'll throw myself out the car!!

But at least you would be alert and not have to worry about driving! :lol2:

I tend not to bother at all with energy drinks, none seem to keep me awake.

Prefer a nice strong coffee!

I used to drink a fair amount of Red Bull with all the driving i do, i decided to stop though as when i was in meetings i almost felt hyper and i think people thought was on something illegal :lol:

Just Mcdonalds Cappucino for me at the moment.

If you need a bit of a 'wake up jolt' then there's really nothing better than a squeezy Jif Lemon.

One good squirt in your mouth and you're awake and alert again !

( no added sugar neither ! )

If you need a bit of a 'wake up jolt' then there's really nothing better than a squeezy Jif Lemon.

That is a very interesting idea! I love the tartness of lemon as well.

Think I'll try that one :thumbsup:

That is a very interesting idea! I love the tartness of lemon as well.

Think I'll try that one :thumbsup:

:P :rolleyes:

I very nearly went on a red bull bender last night/this morning because as soon as I got home from work I had to get stuck in to a huge project for the company that has to be in Newcastle for noon today. I thought I'd be on it for a couple of hours & then be done with it but come 7 this morning we still hadn't quite finished so I've had to come into work having had no sleep at all last night

Swallow a whole pack of pro-plus, wash it down with three black coffees and a can of red bull and you'll stay awake for a week!

p.s. You may become very irate at the smallest of incidents though.

started work yesterday at 7am in cornwall, yup they have yachts there aswell and I was supposed to be on holiday

finished work about 12sh and tried a 500ml can of Relentless for £2.49 so that I can do my report in the car, the energy drink only lasted 20 mins

after taking a detour to wales and london, I decided to take over the driving at 6:30pm

I got a 250ml can of red bull for £1.00 which lasted 2.5hr and I had the shakes and finally got to hull at 9:30pm

• 1 year later...

2 new energy drinks ones called lamboraghini and another no fear a resealable can

I tend to buy Relentless or Monster and sometimes buy Red Bull. They now do these little shots that you can take but I'm not sure whether they're any good. I've not tried them yet as I like the taste of the drink as opposed to popping pills!