Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mister Two Got De Catted Today

Ian_M

well the bloke to the cat of and it fell out lol and all i can say is woooooooo so much more responsive bost has gone from .5kgm to .8kgm and you can aculty hear that its boosting now B)

anyone with a turbo that still has a cat get rid lol

well the bloke to the cat of and it fell out lol and all i can say is woooooooo so much more responsive bost has gone from .5kgm to .8kgm and you can aculty hear that its boosting now B)

anyone with a turbo that still has a cat get rid lol

Uk spec or J-spec MR2 turbo?? Gen II or III?? Much involved in getting it out?? isn't the cat on the same elbow as the dp??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

well they took the cat of held it upside down and it kida fell out the cat was proper mased i have had a very funy noise from the back of the car wich i thought was the engien falling out but its all sorted now just put the empty cat back on for now till i can afford the aussie pipe

its a 92 REV 2 turbo

cheers

ian

off topic as always but Kiwi that iwas one hell of a cool av lol :thumbsup: :P

Thank :) I had on a while ago then the forum went down and I had forgotten where I had got it from, then I e-mailed a moderator about another one and he kindly reminded me where it was and reccomend I use it again as he thought it was pretty cool too.......dunno where it's gone now though :(

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Kiwi, has to be a j-spec MR2 since Turbo models were never produced for the UK market.

Ian, have you seen your boost level increase since the cat was removed? There have been a few reports of cars reaching dangerous boost levels due to the loss of the cat. You need a proer boost gauge to check though.

yeah.. if you don't have a proper gauge, get one. Your boost pressure will shoot up now !

my boost is hitting 15psi and stopped there by the chip I have. If I didn't have it, it would most probably be reaching v dangerous levels !

And be looking for a new turbo/engine - not good at all. Gauges cost around the £80 mark, so I believe, I should get yourself one smartish!

yup i have a in car boost guage does not get any where near fuel cut going for a boost controler and FCD next B)

Sorry mate, i should have read your initial post properly, you do clearly mention the new boost readings which strongly suggests you have a gauge fitted. It is be my next purchase, then an induction kit, stainless exhaust and finally a Unichip. Will get the gauge first, then save up for the induction kit, exhaust and unichip and get them fitted at the same time so i can have everything mapped to match the new components.

ive got a few plans really want the aussie pipe but its still not cheap wonder if we could get a group buy on some :lol:

think i gaind quite a bit more than that as the cat wash mashed going much better though bring on the pod and castle combe