Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 7 Wiper Blades - Please Educate Me Someone....

peterfoster

M 4 year-old has worn Wiper Blades - the rubber is frayed and the wipers therefore don't clear the screen properly. I'm loath to drive into a main agent and say "can you put some new blades on my wipers." So I think I'd like to do the job myself - i.e. buy the blades and fit them. The problem is that I don't know how much of the wiper contraptions I need to replace. Is it just the long thin rubber bits or do I have to buy the whole arm. And if i just buy the rubber bits will I find it a straightforward task to slide the worn ones out and slide the new ones into the arm. I can't find any diagrams of the arm, etc., in the manual. Thanks.

you need wiper refills , come in 2 sizes , thick or thin . take 1 into a motor factors and show em it, fitting is childplay.

you need wiper refills , come in 2 sizes , thick or thin . take 1 into a motor factors and show em it, fitting is childplay.

Thanks. I'll do just that.

• 4 weeks later...

You buy the whole arm, not just the rubber. By the whole arm, I mean the arm that the rubber is physically attached to. you dont just refit the rubber blade itself.

If you pull up the wiper arm at the bottom, the wiper blade is pivoted at the centre. Here you will see a clip. Just unclip it here, and fit in the new one in its place.

10 second job literally.

I agree with hp, just go to Halfords and buy replacement Bosch. 16'' for passenger side and 26'' spoiler for driver side. If you don't want to fit them though it is very easy, Halfords will for £1.99.

I've just put both fronts and a rear on my TS.

26" full arm £16.49

20" full arm rear £9.29

rubber refills £ 5 a pair at motor factors . 10 seconds to fit. i dont get it . why replace a perfectly good arm , money to waste ??