Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jag/lr Bailout

Hoovie

Ok - to me, this seems pointless on a number of fronts ...

** It is owned by an Indian Company now - so it is down to Tata, not the UK Govt to bailout if needed

** Demand is so down for cars, by bailing out one company will only effectively move the problem to another one. Not going to increase demand overall, is it!

** And most of all, The Govt are obsessed with taxing to obliviation and reducing massively the interest in the kind of vehicles that Jaguar and Land Rover make, would seem so hypocritical to then talk about bailing them out and is very hard to comprehend!

Totally pointless.

Survival of the fittest I say. Build substadnard card for too long and you go under. Look at Rover!

Will the government bail out 'ole Lindop Bros if we went under???..............Not a chance

The Indians bought it and shouted from the rooftops about how good they were and what they would do for the company, let them get on with it and spend INDIAN money to bail it out I say

Kingo :thumbsup:

Will the government bail out 'ole Lindop Bros if we went under???..............Not a chance

The Indians bought it and shouted from the rooftops about how good they were and what they would do for the company, let them get on with it and spend INDIAN money to bail it out I say

Seconded :thumbsup:

Seconded :thumbsup:

Thirded...

But knowing the retarded and soft as **** tossers that are our government, even the Indians probably got them to sign a contract that if anything went wrong with the companys they had bought we would financially sort it out.

I cant wait for the next election :lol:

I agree with you all.... as taxpayers we have no obligation to bail out an Indian company.... you can bet we would not do it for Bentley or RR.... tough I say.

If a company cannot survive because of it's own abilities or products then let it die.... I think this is called economic evolution :huh:

:offtopic: in that it isn't Jag/Lr or even the Manufacturers, but our local Hyundai Main Dealers had all their cars removed from the premises yesterday morning. The Works & repairs were closed down also. That was the 1st that anyone in the town knew of there being trouble.

I feel very sorry for the families of the staff being in that position before Christmas

This is almost a comical situation, i wonder if the conversation went like this:

"If you don’t give us some money we will outsource all production to a much cheaper Indian factory, and you will have another 50,000 people in the West Midlands unemployed"

Add in that Jag/LR are truly iconic brands i think the government may intervene on moral grounds as they drive Jags & LR/RR's and it would be mighty in convenient telling the queen she must have a Landcruiser :lol:

Seems like a blag to me, the Indians only just took over didn't they? I don't think there's a chance they could have miscalculated their finances so much that they're already in massive trouble unless they get a big handout from the government. If they have that's their fault so they should just have to accept their terrible error of judgement & put up the money to cover it but I just think they're looking at GM asking for payouts & trying to get some extra cash while they can

You would have thought due dilegence would have exposed L/R sales were going to be 70% down year on year, i think Jag is about 50%. There are piles of cars waiting to be sold and no orders, should we pay for those people to be in work or at home doing nothing?

On a wider note, UK production is too expensive even with currency rate changes, how long can they really stay building here?

Aparently the proposed bail out amount is the same as the ammount Tata paid for both firms!

Aparently the proposed bail out amount is the same as the ammount Tata paid for both firms!

LOL. Im glad my hard earned goes to such worthy causes...

I heard on the wireless recently that its the governments legal right to ensure it stays afloat becuase the employees are British people (Yeah right!) and its upto the British government to make sure its people stay in employment.

If the Indians wanteded, they could just uproot the whole thing, take it to India and have their own people do it all!

Outsource it to india! lol

What a crock of S H I P !!!!!(sp)

There are hundreds of companies going under why the F*** should money be thrown at one that is owned by outside owners.

What a crock of S H I P !!!!!(sp)

There are hundreds of companies going under why the F*** should money be thrown at one that is owned by outside owners.

Perhaps half of the Tata board are MP's! :lol:

You would have thought due dilegence would have exposed L/R sales were going to be 70% down year on year, i think Jag is about 50%. There are piles of cars waiting to be sold and no orders, should we pay for those people to be in work or at home doing nothing?

On a wider note, UK production is too expensive even with currency rate changes, how long can they really stay building here?

actually not that much more expensive production in UK to some other countries, there's not a great deal between here an poland that i know, but at our plant in UK we have better quality than many other countries

also with exchange rate dropping it actually workin in favour for exporting products

Apparently , the UK is the 4th largest car producer in the world (not sure if that is based on volume or value) but I am sure down to Toyota and Honda managing their facilities very well more then LR and Jaguar (I wouldn't buy either make)

actually not that much more expensive production in UK to some other countries, there's not a great deal between here an poland that i know, but at our plant in UK we have better quality than many other countries

also with exchange rate dropping it actually workin in favour for exporting products

Going outside the EU i.e India must be cheaper.

I agree with the export situation, as i say the pound falling is good news, however this government dont seem to want to have any industry where we make anything :(

This is a link to Ratan Naval Tata's (Chairman of Tata Group of companies) Wikipedia page.

If you you look at his net worth you will see a figure of $50.6 billion USD :eek:

Now Wikipedia's information could be out of date and that figure might not be accurate but I have to say Mr Tata put your hand in your own pocket before you ask for our hard earned money!

Then again someone mentioned elections, Politician's only really care about saving their own skins and the West Midlands has a lot of marginal seats. I can see our money heading to bank in Mumbai very soon. :angry:

Oh, almost forgot "Tata agree to sponsor Ferrari F1"

Nice work if you can get it! ;)

They're the actions of a company in severe financial trouble :wacko:

Tell them to sod off & put their own money up. As Les said, so many companies are going bang so why should the government give a load of money to a company that's recently been bought by extremely wealthy foreign people? I was in a cab last night & the driver was only doing it because his dad's electrician company went bust not long ago. There are loads in the same situation, why should this company get a load of money from the government when the owners have clearly got loads of money to cover it?

Didnt poTATA buy JLR for £1bn?

So they want £1bn from the UK tax payer...

So we the earning public will have paid for the Indians to take JLR away for free.... while whoever sold it has a nice retirement fund?

Sounds vaugly similar to how the stock market got in a mess recently!

Didnt poTATA buy JLR for £1bn?

So they want £1bn from the UK tax payer...

So we the earning public will have paid for the Indians to take JLR away for free.... while whoever sold it has a nice retirement fund?

Sounds vaugly similar to how the stock market got in a mess recently!

Maybe it was part of the deal? If Ford still owned it the situation would be worse, they may have to have shut it all down :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links