Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

92 Camry Proplem

johndinh131

my car rpm is really high and when it does that the car tends to over heat real fast can you guys help me out im new to this. is it normal for the rpm to travel to 4 when the car is going around 70 mph? help plz!!!!!

my car rpm is really high and when it does that the car tends to over heat real fast can you guys help me out im new to this. is it normal for the rpm to travel to 4 when the car is going around 70 mph? help plz!!!!!

4000 rpm at 70 is high for cruising. Mine is the V6 and is doing around 2600 at 70. It's possible if it's an auto that you have to the overdrive off or the box is sticking in 2nd gear and not going any higher.

It could be a multitude of problems and someone else might be able to help, you'd probably fare better asking on the US forums though as there are only about 3 people in the UK who own Camry's.

• 13 years later...

Everything seems to run good, but having virtually 0 rpm sometimes it will come up slightly (200).  Checked for vac issues. Cleaned air intake. Replaced fuel pump. Adjusted timing.    Replaced many components already.  Stumped.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links