Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Explain How The Power Heater Works?

crphillips

I wonder if anyone can explain how the power heater works on my Hilux Invincible.......i can't really find any info on it anywhere.

• Like 1

To crphillips,

It works on the same princible as a cab heater in a truck. Diesel is measured via a cetane level as opposed to octane with petrol. Diesel burns at a much slower rate than petrol that is why diesel engines in some cases take more time to warm up. I am assuming your power heater button has orange light which comes on when when button pressed, system uses fuel to quickly warm up drivers cab, or quicker than waiting for engine to warm up.

Regards, beagh.

is this the rise tick over button ??? if so id sooner get out on the road and drive rather than let a cold engine tick over at over 2500 revs .

I wonder if anyone can explain how the power heater works on my Hilux Invincible.......i can't really find any info on it anywhere.

Glad you asked that question i now know the answer as well :lol:

• Like 1

Thats great.....cheers for the reply. I've had vehicles in the past that had a heater system but this was usually a heating element in the top heater hose that brought the entire engine upto temperature quicker.

The thing i couldn't understand with my Hilux is that the blowers would push out warm air but the engine's temp guage would still be at the bottom.

The Hilux owners manual says absolutely nothing about the power heater other than the location of the button.

The engine revs only increase from 800 - 1200rpm on my Hilux. I can't see it causing any excessive wear:-)

is this the rise tick over button ??? if so id sooner get out on the road and drive rather than let a cold engine tick over at over 2500 revs .

Yeah thats it.

I prefer to get going in mine too - i just put the Power Heat button on if it's really cold while i scrape the ice off the windows.

Other than that, never use it.

I use the power heater every frosty morning. It's great.....i really missed this feature when i forgot to add it as an option when i bought my Transporter van. I'ts nice to have it back on the Hilux. It defrosts the screen in less than 5 mins.

I wouldn't worry about the excessive engine revs......i'm sure it'll make bugger all difference. I'll have sold mine before the warranty runs out anyway:-)

the power heater is a small box in the engine bay that burns diesel, the heater pipes pass through it and therefore heat up faster. works similar to a central heating system.

Hi every body,I,m having difficulty getting any "blowing power" from my hi lus surf heater.where is this heat pump switch ,is it the engine idle speed swicht or something else,Why is there no force to the air flow .The fan is definitly blowing full wack .1993 hi lux surf thanks anybody

Thanks Andy,will have a look tomorrrow,I did think this way ,but thought I'd try the forum first .Ihave had some realy good tips from you guys,Roger

You just need to see if the control arms are going to the full length of there travel, try turning the ignition on and push the buttons, this should move the servo which has a cable or arm attached, maybe they have got stuck and need a bit of WD40.

• 9 years later...
On 12/21/2008 at 10:45 PM, GT4 BOOSTER said:

Can anyone tell me how egr works and  what is purpose of that ?

• 2 years later...

hi everyone i think the power heat button works a viscous fan worked via a clutch so when you turn  it on it then increases the engine revs to heat the water only in the heater matrix that why engine temp doesn't show warm when blowing warm air on my land cruiser its the pully above a/c pump top of engine with water pipes going to it 

• 1 month later...

For who ever comes across this thread one day, the heat button on the mk6/7 invincible does in fact switch on a small electrical heater  element in the heater box, it draws alot of electrical power that might discharge the Battery so it increases revs and increases to recharge the Battery

• Like 1