Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has The Bbc Got To The End Of The Line?

bothwell_buyer

RTE are getting there (end of line) too.

To try & recover their losses The top presenters voluntarily took a 10% salary cut. Some did it willingly, while the rest followed out of shame.

The top earner, on Euro 600k + perks :o is still holding out, saying that his show brings in millions in advertising revenue & that he is worth it.

He isn't getting much sympathy with job losses mounting & pay cuts everywhere :censor:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• Boro Sera

• JappyBeast

• Demonic Angel

How come Jeronimo Calrkson, the wee naff driver and some other guy get paid to go to Aussie land to promote Top Gear

Because the people in aussie land pay to see them.....

and then get to call wur PM a one eyed Scootish eejit....????

Because he is and thats putting it very mildly.....

The problem is lots of Scottish people and one-eyed people have got it in their heads that Clarkson was insulting them, when clearly he wasn't. People just love to get offended at any opportunity or excuse :angry:

He was insulting PM Brown! No one else! Capiche?!

But am I in the minority when I say I think the BBC is awesome?

The fee is less than a lot of the other TV packages, they make a lot of decent original programs (admittedly there are a lot of repeats too, but at least it isn't anywhere near as bad as Dave :lol: ), and unlike every other channel there are no ad breaks!

That's one thing I really hate about Virgin and Sky; You pay them a lot of money and they still screw you with far-too-frequent ad breaks.

Another nice thing is all the fringe stuff; iPlayer, BBC website etc.. Lots of very good resources for school stuff.

It'd be better if the terms were a bit more voluntary (e.g. if you could opt out of the BBC channels if you didn't want to touch any BBC stuff at all, without having to give up your TV completely), but in today's society that'd just mean they'd need to spend more policing it.

I think the problem is that the simpletons that are complaining seem to thing that he was linking a "disability" to being an idiot.

I know plenty of idiots that are perfectly "able bodied" and not scottish.

Brown would still be a (**I have foolishly tried to overide the swear filter**) with both eyes intact ;)

In regards to the ultra extreme left wing BBC & the constant trash that is shown over and over again. They don't show repeats anymore you know, just another chance to see this CLASSIC episode again and again & again. Do not watch soaps or reality TV of any description, as i lke to think i have more than a 30 second retention span built into my brain.

Having said that is SKY really any better, depending on your package £40 a month x 12 is a whole lot more than the Beeb, plus you have to pay for the pleasure of watching anything of any real interest. Both a pile of c--p with a few exceptions that seem to sneak in under the wire every now & again.

And as one earlier posting points out if you think the BeeB is c--p come on over & try out RTE1 or RTE2 for a while. I'm of to watch Galway get a last 10 minute hammering from Kilkenny after work & then home to spend a couple of hr's working on my Lambretta out in the barn. Yes a Lambretta, not even a Toyota.

You could always switch the box off or give it a good kick.

Regards, Beagh.

But am I in the minority when I say I think the BBC is awesome?

Look at the Christmas viewing figures to see punters voting with their feet :D

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links