Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer Ecu Upgrade

adelowe

i have an 08 d4d xtr and have just been contacted by the dealer saying they have a software upgrade for the ecu??.

has any one else been contacted as this seems a little strange to me

i have an 08 d4d xtr and have just been contacted by the dealer saying they have a software upgrade for the ecu??.

Well good morning and a warm welcome to this forum - another new member - wow !!!!

And French as well !! A. De-Lowe - gosh! :)

I'd count yerself privileged to be contacted. Recalls can be checked via various websites.

However if you are getting a software upgrade then you can of course ask them why/whats it to fix?

Likely it will be beneficial - a bit like owning Microsoft Windows - they bring out software upgrades almost daily!!!!! Whether it makes things work better is something you always need to find out.

I haven't been contacted.

AND, I'm a bit miffed that my RAV number 2 failed its MOT cos of a broken front spring, yet it didn't fall into the recall of 1995 RAVs which did get new front springs. So count yerself lucky that they have been in touch !! And if big Mr T reads this - then get yer finger oot cos ahm no a happy bunny forkin oot fur a new spring fur a RAV whits ony done 79,000 miles !!! Ah mean, really!! :angry: :angry:

Welcome to the club.

Is the upgrade for the engine ECU?

Please keep us informed.

There are a few customer satisfaction campaigns running at the moment, NOT recalls. There is an ECU "Flash" update available for certain model diesels to improve the injector function. It is not a recall and I'm suprised you were called TBH. These CSC's are normally done at service without the need to call you in

Kingo :thumbsup:

There are a few customer satisfaction campaigns running at the moment, NOT recalls. There is an ECU "Flash" update available for certain model diesels to improve the injector function. It is not a recall and I'm suprised you were called TBH. These CSC's are normally done at service without the need to call you in

Kingo :thumbsup:

I also thought these were CSC and not recalls but for some reason we are booking them in as Recalls now - not just doing them during service work.

Not sure if anything has changed or they are just keeping the work coming in - been very busy lately without the recalls! lol

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links