Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had My Mirror Kicked Off.

nomadmr2

Yep some pikey was kind enough to kick the mirror off my MR2 at some point last night. The metal on the mirror looks ok, but the metal on the baseplate is all smashed. Can this bit alone be replaced? Also one of the screws holding the mirror on was stuck fast and i managed to completely round it off. Any tips? Cheers guys.

Don't know much about MR2 mirrors so can't help you there.

However I do feel for you there mate. It is so f :censor: ing annoying when some t :censor: does that.

Why, I ask you...

Why???

It happened to me before mate. Door rang one Sunday morning and a woman handed me my wing mirror. Told me that some trash had gone on a drunken rampage the night before and damaged every car in the street.

Its a sad world we live in :angry:

Charmers round here ain't they? Going up to Toyota tomorrow to see if just the little metal bit can be ordered, hope so dont like the price of secondhand mirrors!

Yep some pikey was kind enough to kick the mirror off my MR2 at some point last night. The metal on the mirror looks ok, but the metal on the baseplate is all smashed. Can this bit alone be replaced? Also one of the screws holding the mirror on was stuck fast and i managed to completely round it off. Any tips? Cheers guys.

I don't know the correct name for the type of screws used... but they are pretty much stuck on.

You need to heat them up to get them off.. try a solder iron.

It was only one screw that stuck. I lost my temper and just gave it to toyota today, it will be back fixed tomorrow. I dont have time to faff around with it.

To continue the saga, toyota wanted 151 for a mirror fitted inc vat and in the right colour. After messing about for 2 days they tell me they cant get it in the right colour, so would be 151 plus fitting. Got one for 35 plus vat off rogue, still wrong colour but my bodywork guy will fit and spray it for 30notes. :)