Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(2007) Xtr Spec.

abraxas

Hey all.

Been away for a while, not a very happy time with the RAV. :( I will write a full report when it all unravels; but in the mean time... a couple of quick questions for you if I may. I am about to switch model from an XT4 to an XTR so I had a few questions for the expirienced...

Should a 2007 XTR come with Cruise Cotrol (and/or) Parking sensors? I know 08 models come with extra bluetooth/different wheels, but I thought all XTRs had cruise?!

Have any of you you had any issues that are speciffic to the 4.3 XTR? Any tips?

How are you all coping with no spare wheel ?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all.

Been away for a while, not a very happy time with the RAV. :( I will write a full report when it all unravels; but in the mean time... a couple of quick questions for you if I may. I am about to switch model from an XT4 to an XTR so I had a few questions for the expirienced...

Should a 2007 XTR come with Cruise Cotrol (and/or) Parking sensors? I know 08 models come with extra bluetooth/different wheels, but I thought all XTRs had cruise?!

Thanks in advance!

Well................There are definitely a few of us driving around with a spare in the boot. And some with TPMS as well. I guess that the best ansewr to "How are you coping with no spare wheel?" is something like "We try not to think about it but it's a continious blemish on what is otherwise a very good driving experience" :rolleyes:

Hey all.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I have a 2007 (07) XTR and no it does not have cruise control or parking sensors! I have had mine for a year almost to the day and I have not had one single problem with it! never even had to add a drop of oil......nothing!! so whereas I cannot speak for everyone and their XTR, mine has been nothing less than perfect! As for the spare wheel issue....I am just hoping that if I do get a puncture that the repair kit will do the job or otherwise it will be a case of getting a lift to the garage from those nice people at Club Toyota Breakdown Services!!

Hope this helps.

I just missed out on the cruise control and parking sensors on my XT-R as well. To be honest I thought MrT was at it

seeing as my previous XT-R (4.2) had the cruise control. Come to think of it the 4.3 XT-R is also missing the extension

wheel arches, auto dipping mirror, sunglasses holder and something else which I can't remember. As for the spare

wheel, well I've got one in the boot standing upright between the crossbar for the parcel shelf, and the rear seat backs.

It does not really take up that much space. So far no real complaints, touches wood :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info guys.

I thought the last gen XTR was a bit "special" in that it loses leather but gains loads of toys over the XT4. I did notice one thing, though - with the back tinted out, I felt that I don't really need to dip the mirror at all.

To be honest, my daily use is mainly around town so cruise control would not be that useful most of the time. The parking sensors would drive me up the wall. Although strangely enough, on the courtesy RAV, I liked the wee beep when engaging the reverse (with the sensor system switched off). I know, I am strange... Extension wheel arches do make the car look cool, but I am not really too bothered about that either. And alloys -5 or 6 spoke I couldn't care less. bluetooth - now that I miss. Not sure if I miss it enough for the 200+ quid MrT would want for it, though... :) I'll be sporting one of them ear clip on thingies that make me look like an eejit instead. :)

The spare wheel situation still bothers me. A lot. :( Apart from that I seem to be rationalising all else to myself. Few more days to make my mind up. Thanks again for all your comments.

Hi, with ref. to the lack of a spare wheel, my solution is to carry a tubeless tyre plug set purchased from motorcycle shops. ( M and P / Busters) you simply insert a mushroom shaped plug into the hole (all tools provided) and inflate the tyre.£20.00 I've used two on my sons quad and they have been fine for several months

Hi, with ref. to the lack of a spare wheel, my solution is to carry a tubeless tyre plug set purchased from motorcycle shops. ( M and P / Busters) you simply insert a mushroom shaped plug into the hole (all tools provided) and inflate the tyre.£20.00 I've used two on my sons quad and they have been fine for several months

I thought plugs were potentially dangerous dependent on where the tyre damage is. i.e if you are within a certain distance of the tyre wall etc. which is why not all punctures can be repaired.

Thats the ones (I can't do links.) Item No 31, a better pic of the plugs is No 33 Also worth a look are type No 32 (dog sh*t) they look like brown pipe cleaners but they are very sticky and I use these to repair splits in the wall of tubeless trials bike tyres, just keep putting thm in until the split (no matter how long)is sealed they are not good for too much pressure just a few PSI to put some shape into the unrepairable tyre. Mike

I thought plugs were potentially dangerous dependent on where the tyre damage is. i.e if you are within a certain distance of the tyre wall etc. which is why not all punctures can be repaired.

I would only use these on the Car as a way of driving to the nearest Tyre Repair Centre, or getting home, at a sensable, low speed, just like I would after using the stuff that toyota supplied with the Car. Mike