Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Wheel And Dash

Bibbs

Bibbs,

Where did you get your speedo from cos mines still got the 110kph with a mph ******* sticker over the top.

It doesnt let all the light through PLUS when i added 17"s to the car, the speedo is very inaccurate.

What did you do to sort this?

Ps: like the silver trim.

Speedo is a Jap Rev2 turbo ..

When you went to 17's you should have changed the tyre size to keep the same rolling radius (or near enough).

So whats the correct tyre size for 17"s???

I just asked the blokes at the tyre place to bang 4 new toyo's on - didnt think about the tyre size.

Suggestions?

So whats the correct tyre size for 17"s???

I just asked the blokes at the tyre place to bang 4 new toyo's on - didnt think about the tyre size.

Suggestions?

Prefferably 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear

Rear, 2 sizes wider than the front

Right, mine are 205/40/17 - all round. I know about the rear being 2 sizes bigger I will sort this when the rears are knackered.

But this size is still making the speedo not read right, does anyone else have this problem and how did you sort it?

Maybe this isnt the right size tyre???

I want to fit a UK speedo that reads up to 160mph etc but I also want the thing to read as accurately as possible without having to go back to 15"s!

Cheers

Adam

Titto, I mentioned to you ages ago that the reason why your speedo is out is due to you having a diffrent rolling radius.

I'm not sure now much success you will have fitting a larger tyre to the alloy. On the original setup, the alloys are physically wider at the back, i.e. to get the width the increase the width of the tyre, they don't just bung a wider tyre on.

To do this correctly, you need same rollingradius and you need to get rear alloys two sizes wider than those on the front! I can't begin to image with your car handles like :blink:

Bibbs, like the dash, it's very similar to mine, I sprayed it silver over the summer, it makes one heck of a difference. I presume that's the stereo remote you have mounted to your wheel?

However, I've got to say, I do like the cream coloured doors they put in the Ferrari replicas. Don't like the body kit, but like the interior colour.

Yup, not fussed about the handling, but it looks sweet!

I was told I could get 225's fitted to the rear, which will give the 20mm difference needed between front and rear - but the rolling radius you're on about, how can i make sure thats right for the speedo? any ponters?

Well you would havbe to look up the specs to find out what the correct width is.... Hang on I'll measure minne for you.....

Right around 59cm, that's about 23 1/4 inchs

Cheers Dame,

Can anyone else who has 17's fitted please post their experiences of speedo probs/ innacurate readings? And also let me know what size tyres they have fitted.

Does the speedo take the reading from the front or rear wheels out of interest?

Thanks...again

Adam

quite like the silver dash... may do something similar... yours is all bubbled tho mate.. anyway to stop this ?

Not all over .. simple to stop it happening, by doing it proper in the first place .. I couldn't be bothered .. I've got two whole fascias, the other will be modded for my ICE install and coloured proper ..

Can anyone else who has 17's fitted please post their experiences of speedo probs/ innacurate readings? And also let me know what size tyres they have fitted.

Mine over reads by 2.5% .. and 215/40 and 235/40 .. was going to go 225/35 and 245/35, but they were a lot more expensive ..

so my rolling radius is the same as yours then bibbs. But i think its more out than yours. I'll see if i can get it calibrated somehwere. That may be the end of it then!

Cheers again Bibbs!

have a look in the tyres section of the forum .. there is a tyre diff calculator ..

how out is it? kmph -> mph out?

Bubbling paintwork - it is indeed down to the preparation - you would be amazed how hard it is to get a surface completely clean! I've done a lot of spraying in the past including a complete Range Rover - if you don't do the prep - you pay for it later, trust me I know!

Bibbs, is your speedo modded then - ie: it now reads in MPH from your original KPH speedo?

If so, how can i sort this out please? Mines a rev 2 import....

Thanks

you can get a little speed convertor thing.. it connects somewhere in your speedo cable and only measures 1/5th of the orignal speed ( or something like that )... this results in your KPH dials actually reading MPH.

I'm glad I got a UK car, this speedo thing seems to be a bit complicated for me! :wacko:

Is it easy to remove the centre consol panel, I'd like to spray it like the picture Bibbs posted.... I've got some ideas for it.

I fitted my Momo gearknob today, it's a lot better than the origonal blob.

pasmomo21.jpg

That's the one.