Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Wheel And Dash

Bibbs

im curious, whilst on this topic.

if u recalibrate and/or delimit ur speedo either using a little electronic gadget thingy (im a rev2) or maybe a unichip, then as we know the kph readings actually become the mph readings (i believe).

but,....

ive seen 2 dash faces i would like, the 160mph one, and the 180mph one. when u line them up side by side the speed readings i.e 100 mph etc. are in totally different places,

so,....

how can u calibrate ur speedo correctly for this instance?

any help would be most welcome :thumbsup:

Bibbs, I have the same Kenwood remote.. cant figure out where to put it... doesnt it get in the way when its on the wheel?

is it connected to the stereo at all, or is it wireless ?

My next stereo I'm gonna get a remotre. sick of fiddling with buttons while trying to drive at the same time. I hate those little card remotes tho, as where are you supposed to put them ?

Bibbs, I have the same Kenwood remote.. cant figure out where to put it... doesnt it get in the way when its on the wheel?

Nah .. It's in the best place .. and it's a UK remote with a Jap unit and works fine (even thought Kenwood UK said it wouldn't :arrgg-matey: )

I hate those little card remotes tho, as where are you supposed to put them ?

Outside .. showing people your bass .. by all standing 10 meters away ..

maybe the speedo is orignally a 160kph or 180kph..

my car was a 180kph.

no what i mean is regarding an aftermarket clock face.

some manufacturers offer either a uk 160mph or a 180mph option, but on a side by side comparison the numbers are in different places.

i just wondered how u have to recalibrate ur speedo to take this into account. for example if u r doing 100mph on the 160 clock, u would be doing a totally different speed on the 180 clock.

say i fancied buying some el glo faces :D which come in both speed varieties - what the hell must i do regarding my calibration?

come on peeps offer some good help here - i hate my 110mph clocks!

the 180 are UK spec I think .. and are therefore internally calibrated .. but your top end would still be 112 mph as doing this doesn't de-limit I believe.

TRD to a 300 kmph face .. I'd like one to pop a mph sticker on ..

Yeah it'll do 300 mph  :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links