Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Required

ken@31rdwb

I am buying a new Yaris T Spirit 1.3 and the dealer has offered me a protection of upholstery and paintwork(Chilli Red) scheme for approx £300. Has anyone any experience of this - is it worth it?

Hi mate, i expect it's a product called Superguard. It's like a scotch guard for the seats & plastic, if somthing gets spilt on them & does'nt come off they will replace it ( o.k. if you have kids i suppose) the wax is is supposed to be guranteed for life which i find difficult to believe. Also all the windows are etched in case the car is stolen.

I've had to used it myself before as i used to be a valeter but it still seems a lot of money.

the product will be supaguard as its supplyed by toyota....

its well worth doing if you hate cleaning cars....

the out side has the wax protection with in fact IS gurenteed for 3 years....

it means no more waxing and it does help keep the car cleaner.....

also red does not fade as much with it...

then the inside is done well worth it with mud and macky dees....etc.....

go on treat your self.... :D :D :D :D

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hi ken@31rdwb

I've have got both Yaris T Sports done with the supaguard. It's great stuff. When you wash the car the muck doesn't seem to stick to the car as much. Also when you wash the car you can see the water beading like water off of a ducks back. They also give you a top up kit. I was lucky enough to be given 2. Now and again i rub some of the supaguard polish on as it top's up the protection.

For the interior i couldn't tell you whats it's like as i really dont eat in the car and i haven't got any kids to mess it up. My advice if you got the spare cash go for it if not that cool. I was lucky enough to get both cars done for free from my local Toyota dealer :P

jerry!!

I think its good stuff if your lazy kind like i am!! £300 sonds like alot of money though. try and get them to knock it down a bit at least!!! but if your not lazy stuff like zymol or zaino is excellent especially if your going to buy a dark coloured car!

It is good stuff but your right its not really worth £300. Most probably its Supagard but could also be Diamondbrite, both do the same thing. Depending on what deal there on they pay between £40-£70 for the kit & then have to pay a valeter maybe £25-£50 to apply it & most dealers pay there salesman £50 for selling it, so as you can see its quite a good profitable product for the dealer.

Try your luck & tell them you will have it for £200 but they will probably take £250!

:thumbsup:

to be honest i spent 50 quid on some autoglym and got far better results compared to the supagaurd on me mums yaris,ok so i had to put a couple of hours in to do it but i think the result was far better

:huh:

Thanks for all your replies. I felt that £300 was a bit steep for the process and after having a look in Halfords this morning at the upholstery and paintwork protection materials I felt that I would do it myself. Being retired with a garage (with a leaking roof) :crybaby: I have all the time in the world. Once again - thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links