Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traditional Christmas Meal ?

balli hi

I overheard someone mention that they were planning to have a slap up indian meal ( ruby murray ) , instead of the traditional christmas turkey dinner this year.

Are you planning something different or are you a traditionalist ?, last year we tried a capon chicken for a change as i am not a great lover of turkey, but this year have reverted back to having the traditional turkey with all the trimmings.

I must say the thought of a slap up Indian doe's sound appealing to me, but then would it still feel like christmas ?

I'm not keen on turkey either, it is just never moist enough for me, I prefer a chicken cooked in a slow cooker overnight, so moist and it just falls apart, mmmmmmm I love tons of veg too, including sprouts which I can eat at anytime ;) I can and have eaten all sorts for Xmas, I once had a boiled egg for xmas lunch on a beach in Thailand, I bet nobody else on here can beat that :wacko:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi balli, A lot may not agree with me but the traditional christmas meal means very little to me, a simple plate of fish and chips or even baked beans on toast would suffice, however the look on my grandkids faces says it all on christmas day for me.

It may be that when i was a young lad my mother and father had little money, and we had to be gratefull for small mercies, how times have changed we now have a duck or pork, but as said above i do not really bother whats put in front of me, i'll eat it.

I love a good old slap up traditional Christmas dinner.... but then again its only a different type of roast so beef or lamb would be just as acceptable :P

I have had both an Indian and Chinese meal for Christmas and it made a nice change.... if its good food then I would not worry what I had or when I had it :)

Got to be a traditional christmas meal for me :D

as much as i like curry it just would not be christmas.

i have been to my works christmas party today we had chinese :chinese: the food was good,

but it did not feel christmasy.

I guess i like the turkey dinner because during the year we dont have sunday lunch

so having a proper meal on christmas day is different for us :newyear: .

Well I am having Christmas dinner with Jinxed's family :unsure: and we are having Beef.

As a rule I love Turkey with all the trimmings......for Boxing day...I am out to a posh restaurant... think I will have Turkey then. B)

I will be cooking Chicken breast fillets wrapped in smoked back bacon and interlaced with cheese strips, with peas, carrots, roast potatoes, baby new potatoes, sausage stuffing balls and yorkshire pudding............with some light gravy.

This will be followed by traditional Christmas pudding smothered in cream then a hot mince pie with a brandy and some coffee:drool:

I cook for myself all year but really love cooking a (nearly) traditional Christmas Dinner :thumbsup:

Any volunteers to come and wash up? ;) :lol:

I will be cooking Chicken breast fillets wrapped in smoked back bacon and interlaced with cheese strips, with peas, carrots, roast potatoes, baby new potatoes, sausage stuffing balls and yorkshire pudding............with some light gravy.

This will be followed by traditional Christmas pudding smothered in cream then a hot mince pie with a brandy and some coffee:drool:

I cook for myself all year but really love cooking a (nearly) traditional Christmas Dinner :thumbsup:

I volunteer to come and have Christmas Dinner with you......that meal sounds lush. :D

I volunteer to come and have Christmas Dinner with you......that meal sounds lush. :D

That would be a very long way for you to come for a meal :blush: .........................but you would be most welcome.

I would probably be asleep in the armchair all afternoon after that meal...................so would not be very good company ;)

traditional meal is goose isn't it?

Got a turkey crown thing with stuffing from tesco, has a fruit on top :\

Am having christmas dinner at Jess's this year :) should be good

For the starter this year will be a nice Haddock Chowder.

Main Course, we have the traditional turkey at the Hoovie House. Love all the veg ESPECIALLY Sprouts. and a load of stuffing .... mmmmmm

Never have the Christmas Pud - find it just too rich and heavy - So a ready-made trifle will slide down very nice instead.

Mrs H is very much a Turkey fan, but I would not mind subbing the Turkey for a nice Roast Beef Joint and Yorkshires - that would make it perfect for me, but I'm still happy enough nibbling on a nice succulent breast :)

Turkey and Beef in our house this year, curry sounds a much better plan though :lol:

Am dreading the washing up already...... :eek:

I'm a traditional girl too - turkey or chicken, chicken is moister but both of them really do taste the same to me.

That would be a very long way for you to come for a meal :blush: .........................but you would be most welcome.

I would probably be asleep in the armchair all afternoon after that meal...................so would not be very good company ;)

I would! Sounds like a good plan of action! ;)

traditional meal is goose isn't it?

Got a turkey crown thing with stuffing from tesco, has a fruit on top :\

Am having christmas dinner at Jess's this year :) should be good

Not sure, but @ home , years ago, we always had Turkey for Christmas & Goose for Little Christmas (8th Jan)

I like Goose, but the powers that be (my family !) wouldn't hear of it :(

So, traditional Christmas Dinner, followed by traditional Alka Seltzer :lol:

little christmas sounds cool!

do you get little presents? (stocking fillers?) that would be ace.

Got my wine SJ, Wolf Blass red label stuff. £8 a bottle lol am excited now!

Nope. No prezzies, not even little ones :(

Officially it is the feast of the Epiphany, I think. Too long since I went anywhere to say prayers :angry:

In some parts of the world, I believe it is a more important day than Christmas Day :unsure:

We never have turkey at christmas as it never gets finished at my grans place. A bit dry for us! we have chicken instead with all the usual add ons and veg ;) im actually still waiting for mine as i leave this post woo!

We never have turkey at christmas as it never gets finished at my grans place. A bit dry for us! we have chicken instead with all the usual add ons and veg ;) im actually still waiting for mine as i leave this post woo!

Lots of Turkeys, apparently, Heaving huge sighs of relief on Dec 26 th :lol: