Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Getting Into Spark Plug Chamber

maximus234uk

Hi,

I've had my verso less than a year, I bought it second hand and love it. The trouble is I'mm having a persistent problem. The problem is I'm getting water in one of the spark plug chambers, after a while the rngine management light comes on and the car starts missing. I take the plug out and it's full of water. Is this a serious problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maximus234uk

• 4 years later...

How did you get on with this problem I have a 2005 VVTi and pot 1 as the same issue on my car.

• 1 year later...

Had this problem last summer. Apparently it was caused by the plastic trim under the scuttle (seen when bonnet is open) not sealing properly thereby rain water finds it way through and drips onto the spark plugs/leads. Eventually causing the plugs to short out.

Rather expensive repair: a length of lead costs £104 + VAT. Plugs cost around £5:40 + VAT.

Toyota Dealer 'fixed' the problem by sealing round the plastic trim with silicone sealant.