Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Ordered!

Demonic Angel

Hiya, I'm a newbie to this site, just ordered my Yaris today! :thumbsup:

I'm so excited, they reckon it'll be here in about a week! I previously drove a Daewoo Matiz, so its a bit of a change for me!

I have heard so many great things about Yaris'! I just hope they are all true! :D

As soon as I saw the car I just fell in love with it, esp the funky digital holographic dashboard! Never seen anything like it in my life! Chose Toyota over everything else, inc new MINI!

Plus the staff at Listers Toyota in Coventry were lovely and I managed to wangle loads of freebies!

Just to introduce myself really as I'll be using this board a fair bit in the future! :D

Welcome and well done on buying a Toyota. :thumbsup: The best thing you could do now is join the Goldmembers forum here on TOC. For the measly sum of £25 (the cost of a tank of fuel) you can get discounts ranging from 10% upwards on loads of stuff that is car related and non car related including Toyota dealers, accessory sellers, ICE, holidays etc. It'll be the best £25 you spend.

Nice 1 Demonic Angel!!!

Good choice goin for the 1.3 engine as its quite nippy and believe me ur Yaris will NEVER breakdown unless u treat it real bad!!!

Welcome 2 the club!!! :group-cuddles:

Welcome and well done on buying a Toyota. :thumbsup: The best thing you could do now is join the Goldmembers forum here on TOC. For the measly sum of £25 (the cost of a tank of fuel) you can get discounts ranging from 10% upwards on loads of stuff that is car related and non car related including Toyota dealers, accessory sellers, ICE, holidays etc. It'll be the best £25 you spend.

£25 for a tank full i wish. Congrats on the car. Like the others say very good car i love driving my girlfriends 1lr yaris, and even the little engine is nippy. It's managed not to give in, even with all the punishment she gives it :D

I'm sure you'llhave nothing but enjoyable motoring

Hi Demonic Angel

Hello and welcome to the club. Great choice in car. See i love the yaris that much there 2 in the family :yes: Matching husband and wifes. You wont regret buying the yaris. For the size of the car it's really smooth to drive around in. And petrol wise it's wicked. Perhaps we will see you at one of the club meets where you can show us all your pride and joy :thumbsup: Have fun with it :yes:

jerry!!

hey hey Demonic Angel :)

Also went for the 1.3 t-spirit, arrived just before xmas. went for the auto me ... sit in traffic quite a bit so its a God-send! Did the 3-door option which looks beter than the 5 i think only its a lot of effort to use the back seats!

So far very happy with it. One or two small things i want them to sort but thats normal of any new car.

well trust you'll enjoy it as much as i am so far :) keep us posted.

don

Hi everyone - thanks for all your replies! :group-cuddles:

I'm so excited about my new car its untrue! Noob - I paid £10,400 ish for it and put down a grand deposit, so I owe £9,400 ish! But for everything you get, its pretty cool that you get all of that for 10k!

The Goldmembers section looks very interesting, I might join up when I get paid! :P

My last car was my first car and I bought that off a family member, so this is the first car I've bought from a dealership and so far I'm really impressed - the guy wasnt pushy in any way, not like I thought he might be - you hear all these bad things about pushy car salesmen, but the guy at Toyota was very nice!

Much nicer than the people I saw at BMW, thats for sure!!

I just cant wait to get it!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm like a 5-year-old at her birthday party waiting to open the biggest present!! :D

Good choice - I'm always trying to find excuses to drive my wifes !

Don't want to bang on about it but the gold thing is def worth doing :thumbsup:

Also this is a v friendly forum so don't worry about 'looking thick' etc. When your new car arrives if you don't know what a button does or how to open the fuel flap just put a post up -we all help each other here !

Happy miles.

Thanks SMW!

Re fuel flaps - I had a hire car a few weeks ago, a Fiat Punto and when I went to fill it up I couldnt get the bleedin cap off! I spent 10 mins in the Tesco petrol station fiddling with it and managed to get it off, the realised I was too far from the pump and the hose wouldnt reach so I had to reverse back a bit, managed to fill it up and then couldnt get the bleedin cap back on!!

In the end some bloke passing saw I was fretting, plus it was freezing cold, and he asked if I needed a hand - how embarassed was I when he got it on straight away! :huh:

Typical bird I'm afraid! lol :P :D

£10,400 sounds about right :) Paid £10,900 for mine, but thats the auto so know that costs a bit more.

Did u get the years free insurance too, road tax, petrol, plates, registration, mats and all that !Removed! thrown in?

Pleased u got yourself a nice dealer :) Happy with mine too, although I had to do quite a bit of work to get all the answers I wanted and arrange their curtesy car for a couple days :S Wish that 'dealer review' section of the forum was working, would be very interesting!

Don

Didnt get a years free insurance, the told me that was on the T3 model only and they couldnt do it for the T-Spirit, I'm hoping Toyota Insurance will give me a competitive quote!

I'm gonna change cars on my current policy with Tesco as it runs out on March 3rd. Then depending on who gives me the best quote I guess!

I asked for everything else though, wangled full tank of fuel, Yaris car mats, 5 Toyota keyrings! Tried to get a fire extinguisher thrown in aswell but they wouldnt do that! :D

Mine is coming this Tuesday or Wednesday. It is a T3 1.4 D-4D Diesel Manual in Balearic Blue. I paid £8800 with full tank of diesel, mats and free insurance. They also sorted out 0% finance although I did put down a £4800 deposit. Can't wait! :group-cuddles:

:D

lol I lurrrrvvvvve your choice of colour Noob!! Balearic Blue is fab!! :D

I saw they were doing all the deals on the T3, but I wanted the air con and painted mirrors and all that! So I chose the T-Spirit. They told me they would give me £1000 towards my deposit but I would have had to take out Toyota finance and I have arranged a loan with my bank at a much cheaper rate! 15% APR is a lot more than 7.9%!

Thats the only thing that rattled me really - to qualify for the offers I would have had to take their finance..... :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'm still happy! :thumbsup:

demonic angel where u liv im from nun eaton and have a black yaris wit tte spoiler and multispoke wheels and i used 2 get on wit listers real wel until my car went in for a warranty job and came back wit induction kit not on just sittin in bonnet and ripped handbrake caiter switch panel wiring loose, and my dad usually gets gud deals there but he managed 2 go 2 lecister and save £1000 on his hiace van

but none the less its a great car and ull love it

Hiya knightrider, I'm in Rugby myself!

Sorry to hear you had problems with Listers, I hope I dont have problems, I had heard from someone that Listers werent the best to go with, but as they were nearest I went for them...

Hope I havent made a mistake! Well the car defo wasnt a mistake, thats for sure! :yes:

No - they said they couldnt do it as it was an offer with the T3 only and I have the T-Spirit!

But no bother, the insurance isnt gonna be that much, I mean it was only £400 for my little Matiz, so I doubt it will be much more for the Yaris! :D

I'm very excited, but also very nervous if you know what I mean - or am I just sounding daft? lol

Not at all.

There is no comparison to the Matiz and Yaris. You will notice the space inside is like Dr Who's Tardis, more safety, bigger more responsive engine and it will hold the price better than the Daewoo.

When do you pick it up?

I cant knock my Daewoo at all - its been a great first car (I passed my test in May 2003) but it just cant handle the open road and since I've gotten a new job 15 miles away from where I live, it struggles so much, bless it!

Thats why I need something a little bigger, so went for the 1.3 Yaris instead!

I dont know exactly when I pick my Yaris up, but I ordered it yesterday and he said it would be about a week, but he'd call me to let me know exactly sometime this week.

Its nerve-wracking stuff though, all this waiting around! :(

I asked for everything else though, wangled full tank of fuel, Yaris car mats, 5 Toyota keyrings!

Welcome to the club angel :thumbsup:

:lol: LOL but what the hell you gonna do with 5 keyrings? :D