Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Perfomance

JesperH

Hello all

How much does a Diesel perfomancebox TTE cost in the UK ?

http://www.tte.de/popup/TTE/cm_rav4_A2_performancekit.htm

And possible a link to where I can buy it ?

and it should ofcourse fit my car which is a Rav4 2004 model, D4-D engine with 116hp and 250 Torque

Merry Christmas..

And thank you in advance

Jesper Hallenborg

Hello all

How much does a Diesel perfomancebox TTE cost in the UK ?

http://www.tte.de/popup/TTE/cm_rav4_A2_performancekit.htm

And possible a link to where I can buy it ?

and it should ofcourse fit my car which is a Rav4 2004 model, D4-D engine with 116hp and 250 Torque

Merry Christmas..

And thank you in advance

Jesper Hallenborg

Hi Jesper merry Christmas + welcome, The TTE powerbox you refer to I am told through toyota dealers is £800+ However i am told it is made by Van Aaken for toyota, and if you simply Google Van Aaken you should be able to get it cheaper, Now having said all that we have a member on here called Parts King who can supply you with a Power chip that is every bit as good+ comes with TUV approval + 2yr guarantee, I have had one on my 2.2 d4d for 18mths without any problem.. Parts King (john) is parts manager for a TOYOTA main dealer and sells dozens of these they are not cheap rubbish. P.M. him for current price..PS if you offer him a pie you may get a discount :thumbsup:

Hi Jesper.......

please try not to quote the bhp figures of diesels - thanks. Its just I keep falling off my chair during the fits of laughter!!

A new engine is available for not much more.........

2 x RAV4s 4.1 twins, both running way in excess of 200bhp!!!!!!!!!!!

:newyear:

Thanks for replyes

I can get the original TTE box from sweden for a price of £884, so the UK price could might be cheaper.

I only want the original box, I have heard several storyes about some copy boxes and engine faults.

Could any give me a mail adress to a dealer in UK ?

- Jesper H

Thanks for replyes

I can get the original TTE box from sweden for a price of £884, so the UK price could might be cheaper.

I only want the original box, I have heard several storyes about some copy boxes and engine faults.

- Jesper H

Hi Jesper,

If you look at the TTE website they say you should be able to order a TTE box through any Toyota main dealer in Europe.

TD340-26226-00 is the part number you need to quote for your particular application and that should suffice.

If you need a Uk dealer try the Lindop brothers website and send them a query on their online contact page: http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/parts.html

or you could try dropping a line to: http://www.toyotadirectparts.co.uk/index.html .

I don't think you'll save a lot of money though, as chances are that they won't have the TTE item in stock and will need to import from Germany at current exchange rates, which will probably end up costing as much as buying it in from Sweden. I think you're right to be nervous of anything other than TTE kit to tune your car.

If anyone who has the 'Lindop chip' would care to let us know how it is installed that might give us some clues to how sophisticated it is. Does it plug into the intake airflow sensor or the fuel rail pressure sensors or neither of these?? B)

Good luck!

Thanks for replyes

- Jesper H

HI again Jesper, I appreciate you wanting an original part, but really feel you will be throwing hundreds of pounds away, Toyota TTe as far as iam aware do not make power chips, they are made by Van Aken to their spec + sold at a large markup, TTe do not manufacture exhausts they also are made by rebus again with a huge markup. The chips you have heard bad results about are the cheap ones for £99 you can pick up off the internet..If i tell you the chip i have on mine was fitted to a £23000 car when it was only 2 mths old, may give you some idea of the faith i have in them..Try having a look at a company called TUNIT who have loads of advice + testimonials on their site..I am sure any Toyota dealer will be able to sell you a TTE powerbox inc parts king who may be able to get you 10% off, Its up to you mate :thumbsup:

If anyone who has the 'Lindop chip' would care to let us know how it is installed that might give us some clues to how sophisticated it is. Does it plug into the intake airflow sensor or the fuel rail pressure sensors or neither of these?? B)

Good luck!

I Had my chip supplied + fitted at Lindop, I can only tell you how i see it as iam not mechanical, It is a box slightly bigger than a 20 cig pkt it plugs into the loom with original plugs near to the ECU, there is then a Fused feed from the Battery terminals, out of the box is a new loom with 4 replacement feeds to the injectors :unsure: the oem connectors are disconnected but left in situ tied back with cable ties, for more technical info get in touch with Kingo

Although i consider Kingo a mate i am not trying to sell any of his products, I am only giving my take on a product i and others have been very pleased with

and also trying to save a new member a few hundred quid.. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

I Had my chip supplied + fitted at Lindop, I can only tell you how i see it as iam not mechanical, It is a box slightly bigger than a 20 cig pkt it plugs into the loom with original plugs near to the ECU, there is then a Fused feed from the Battery terminals, out of the box is a new loom with 4 replacement feeds to the injectors :unsure: the oem connectors are disconnected but left in situ tied back with cable ties, for more technical info get in touch with Kingo

Although i consider Kingo a mate i am not trying to sell any of his products, I am only giving my take on a product i and others have been very pleased with

and also trying to save a new member a few hundred quid.. :thumbsup:

thanks localhero - that's very useful info. The cheap ones just boost fuelling by increasing the pressure in the fuel injection system by changing the voltage coming out of the fuel pressure sensor like this one: http://www.carperformancepartsuk.com/shop/...uning-Chip.html. Yours sounds like it modifies the injection timing and amounts to also put more fuel in the cylinder but in a more controlled fashion. This is the same way the TTE system works. There aren't any official 4.3 tuning boxes from TTE unfortunately otherwise we'd all be saving a packet chipping our motors with official Toyota kits instead of buying T180s ;)

I will be supplying a newer model shortly (hopefully), as soon as I have the spec I will let you know. They will be adjustable, but I need to confirm specs/warranty etc first

There are a few testimonials on our website, we dont sell rubbish chip kits, ours work and are less than half the TTE price ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I will be supplying a newer model shortly (hopefully), as soon as I have the spec I will let you know. They will be adjustable, but I need to confirm specs/warranty etc first

There are a few testimonials on our website, we dont sell rubbish chip kits, ours work and are less than half the TTE price ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey

That sounds pretty good.. Will you keep me updated ?

I havent looked more into it regarding pricces from germany due to holidays.

You are more than welcome to send me a pm with the specs and price from that new box kit you will get

- Jesper Hallenborg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links