Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Stereo

dave_pfc

Hi there

Any ideas what in-car stereo I can get? I have a 7th Gen Celica which has a shocking stereo. I already have an all in one sub/amp and an existing ripspeed DVD player but the latter is pretty rubbish. It seems that a decent full dvd screen stereo is over £500 however I wish to spend no more than £350.

I also wish to connect an ipod and have a stereo decent enough to have good sound settings for the sub. Seen the JVC KD-AVX44 3.5 touch screen ipod / dvd / divx so far (at £280) which looks about as good as it gets before the big spending. Will miss the big DVD screen but not how basic it is.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Cheers for the info. Can you change tracks and so on from the head unit? I notice it says 'ready for ipod (using additional adaptor)'.

Id rather have one which also has 3.5 inch screen for DVD functionality but they dont seem to be as good for ipods

Cheers

Headunit

I fitted one of these in my other half's MR2. along with the optional bluetooth handfree kit, and MP3 CD changer.. the wheel/press system makes picking tunes easy too, and album art is shown.

Its great, I like the way you can just plug a USB memory stick into it full of MP3,s or a car reader if you waont to get funky with a custom install!

The bluetooth hands free is well worth the extra money too, you can access your phone book through the head unit, dial, answer calls etc.

Bluetooth handsfree

Nooo not steering wheel remotes.. the big wheel in the middle of the head unit!. The audio streaming via bluetooth works well to to stream tunes from your mobile.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links