Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Trim - Bit Missing

snowjoke

Hi, I just noticed there's a bit of trim missing from round the windscreen. Any ideas how I could get hold of a spare piece and if I could fit it myself (bearing in mind I found fitting mudflaps challenging)? Thanks

trimvf3.jpg

Unless its broken, that isn't shown as part of the windscreen componenets so it must be listed as a body accessory;

screen.jpg

How does it compare to the other side?

Wait until Kingo is back at work then pm him. He will supply the part and most just clip in.

Looking at a slightly out of date copy of the parts catalogue:

windtrim.jpg

Can be easy to miss, but there is a line pointing to a part down the corner of the screen.

I make the part no. something like 75534-42011, but best wait for Kingo and give him your VIN as he is the parts catalogue supremo, number one. :thumbsup:

Right, time for some left over Turkey. :D :sick:

Hi, I just noticed there's a bit of trim missing from round the windscreen. Any ideas how I could get hold of a spare piece and if I could fit it myself (bearing in mind I found fitting mudflaps challenging)? Thanks

trimvf3.jpg

Hi Snowjoke. This piece of trim just clips in. Had the problem of it comong loose, used a bit of silicone to hold it in, worked a treat.

Thank you all for the responses.

Anchorman - here's how it is vs the other side:

trimmissingph3.jpgtrimpresentfz9.jpg

I'll get onto Kingo next week.

shcm - looks like 75534 in your pic. What's the "-42011" extension?

Offroadster - that's a relief that it's easy to fit. I assume you mean silicone rubber (rather than the squeezy stuff)... did you use glue?

Offroadster - that's a relief that it's easy to fit. I assume you mean silicone rubber (rather than the squeezy stuff)... did you use glue?

Toyota don't sell that bit on its own, you have to get the complete trim set for both sides, costs about £80 as I recall.

Or if you had a leak in your windscreen and it was under Toyota warranty they would replace the lot for you ;) which is what happened to mine ;) ;)

Just used silicone sealant to hold it in place. A little dab on each leg of the clips. Similar to Anchormans quick fix on the wing mirrors

Toyota don't sell that bit on its own, you have to get the complete trim set for both sides, costs about £80 as I recall.

Opps, my mistake, that possibly is a trim set, rather than just the one moulding. :blush: The other number shown down the windscreen (75549), is possibly a fastener, rather than a trim piece.

Never seen just 5 figure Toyota part numbers. They seem to use common figures for parts in hierarchical sub assemblies or similar areas and don't always show all the full numbers on the diagrams (impractical), but break them down later. Here's the full numbers I found, but Kingo is still yer man :yes:

winpart3.jpg

windpart2.jpg

75534 is the Part Number Code (PNC) The PNC code will be the same for all models that have that part IE:75534 is a screen trim 28800 is a Battery, 16400 is a radiator, no matter what model it is for. The last 5 numbers are specific to model, so in your case the part numbers 75534-42011 or 42021 apply depending on model code and year.

That small end to the trim does not come on it's own, so you would need to buy a whole new trim, an added hazard is that the trim in bonded in behind the windscreen, so replacing it is not an easy option. best bet would be to see if you could get the small piece you need from a breaker, and use silicone sealer to hold it in place

Kingo :thumbsup:

Many thanks Kingo. To the breakers' it is.

Does anyone think it's going to cause a problem if I just leave it as it is? I.e. does this bit serve any function (keeping water out etc) or is it just aesthetic? :g:

Its just for looks. get hold of one when you can ;)

Noticed mine today was missing.....Found it under the bonnet hinge.....Just need some silicone to place it back again..... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)