Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Doh! Help Needed!

street_moto

Okay after working Christmas Eve night, cooking Christmas dinner etc then working Christmas night, I get in the car to leave the fire station this morning and reverse straight into an RSJ support ( was in a blind spot and tiredness probably played a part). Broken off side rear lamp cluster, damaged bumper, big dent and flaked paint.

Now I'm sure I can pick up the light cluster and over time sort a bumper but need to find a good and preferably cheap body shop that can sort the bodywork. Needs to be reasonably priced as I've recently shelled out £1020 on clutch and DMF! Anybody know of one in or near the Wirral area please get in touch!

Am insured fully comp by the way and will look into that, but excess and loss of no claims may prove more expensive than sorting myself?

Regards Dave

Dave, sorry to hear of your bump

Contact our bodyshop via our website LINDOP TOYOTA BODYSHOP You can view interior and exterior repairs via the site, they will give you a free, no obligation estimate

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks

Will look into that Kingo!

Anyone else?

Regards Dave

Dave, sorry to hear of your bump

Contact our bodyshop via our website LINDOP TOYOTA BODYSHOP You can view interior and exterior repairs via the site, they will give you a free, no obligation estimate

Kingo :thumbsup:

Is the panel creased?

If not then warm it up with a hair dryer or hot air blower take care not to scorch the paint. Then spray it with a rapid coolant from the center out. The quick cooling can make some dents pop out again. A good coolant to use is a rapid freezing agent like the stuff used for freezing water pipes prior to maintenance work. It's available from several plumbing or DIY stores.

Do a search on utube for some video clips of it being done.

only suggestion I have (and bit late in the day) is go for Protected No Claims option - usually costs very little extra and at least it means next years premium is not affected, even if you do still have excess to pay on the claim :(

Good luck getting it sorted at a decent price :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, panel is erm, very creased! Spoke to insurance this morning, because it's accidental damage it's £200 excess plus another £100 compulsory excess!

I've managed to source a new light cluster for £35 delivered, should be able to sort a bumper end cap for about £75 that just means getting someone to sort out the crease and paint.

Regards Dave.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links