Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check Engine Light

chillibabe

Help I have a Ln130 surf k reg the engine check light has came on done check it says engine coolant temp sensor would this make the engine go in limp mode and ther are two sensors one is the sensor for the fan what is the other

:unsure: any advice please

On the thermostat housing you have two sensors one is fan the other is temp gauge, also you should have a temp sensor just above the starter motor, which is probably the one at fault.

Not 100% sure that you have one but the 3ltr engines do, and this controls the gear change and glowplugs.

On the thermostat housing you have two sensors one is fan the other is temp gauge, also you should have a temp sensor just above the starter motor, which is probably the one at fault.

Not 100% sure that you have one but the 3ltr engines do, and this controls the gear change and glowplugs.

thaks for that I will have a look it seems to come on more as the engine gets warmer and the turbo light goes off but i think thats cuz the engine is in limp mode

As Andy said, the temp sender above the starter motor, just under the inlet manifold. Could be the sender thats faulty or the wire has broken off (more common). I think it controls the EFI system too.

Pull the ECD relay or disconnect the batteries for 20 mins to re-set the ECU.

As Andy said, the temp sender above the starter motor, just under the inlet manifold. Could be the sender thats faulty or the wire has broken off (more common). I think it controls the EFI system too.

Pull the ECD relay or disconnect the batteries for 20 mins to re-set the ECU.

well I will look tomorrow but does the 2.4 definately have one if so any idea where to get replacements

Yep, there is a sender unit there. My Surf used to be a 2.4. The sender is a dealer part, about 20 ish quid. Check the wiring first though, as it can get knocked off or get brittle with heat from the engine and break off.

Hope this loads ok.
there appears to be two sensors above starter motor which one?

I have three diagrams are they the ones I need to check?

• 11 years later...

hi there, would anyone have engine codes for 1992 hilux surf LN130 series. turbo and engine check light blink alternatively, then i get 11 flashes stop then 2 flashes, car all of a sudden wont start, any help be great as i a newbie and need all the help i can get.  thanks