Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mkii Supra

gus

Any Idea's peeps,

over the last few weeks this little fault has progressed and is getting steadily worse.

When ever i start the car i get a cloud of blue smoke from the exhaust. It doesnt matter wether the car is cold or warm as long as she had been sat for over 10 minutes it will occure. I have also tried facing the car both up and down hills, on the flat and it makes no difference at all.

Next thing was the get the better half to follow me in her car and check the exhaust. not a problem when either just cruising along or really giveing her some hammer (i ment the supra).. so the cload only appears on start up, hot or cold day or night.....

any ideas peep :eek:

Blue smoke usually means that the car is burning oil and although there are ways of fixing it, it's best to assume the engines on it's way out.

However, check the oil regularly and see if it needs topping up frequently.

You might find that the blue colour is actually a shade of grey in which case it's just a bit of soot being burnt off when you start it up, therefore meaning nothing wrong really, this would seem the most likely since it doesnt smoke when running.

Check your oil since you said it does it after a few minutes, it might not be using the correct grade, or the engine is not used to fully synthetic and you may have put fully in which is not good for them if it's not used to it, or it might be a multigrade oil thats a bit too thin for the engine when cold.

Yep engines knackered, throw it away and get another :rolleyes:

Just sounds like the valve stem oil seals letting oil by after its been sat for a while, nothing to worry about but will get gradually worse.

Could be the valve seals? But you would know this as when you put your foot down you would see a puff of blue smoke.

jerry!!

Hope its not the engine only just got the old girl back on the road again after the third complete new engine in two years. :help:

latest one only done about 70,000 with service history too

Hope its not the engine only just got the old girl back on the road again after the third complete new engine in two years. :help:

latest one only done about 70,000 with service history too

Well all i can say is keep a watchful eye on the oil. I got a feeling it's the valve seals :o

jerry!!

Could be the valve seals?

Cant see it myself Jerry as i said there is nothing at all when the car is running, she is as clean as a whistle its just one puff of smoke on start up but its rather a large one. and doesnt matter weather car hot or cold :crybaby:

Could be the valve seals?

Cant see it myself Jerry as i said there is nothing at all when the car is running, she is as clean as a whistle its just one puff of smoke on start up but its rather a large one. and doesnt matter weather car hot or cold :crybaby:

Thats weird that is mate. I will ask my mechanic friend once back at work see if he's got any ideas.

jerry!!

Thanks buddy.......just want to get everything in order before i put the girl on the market..........i'll say that quietly she might get upset........got my heart set on a MKIV and the misses says i can have one too.......now thats a bonus :thumbsup:

........got my heart set on a MKIV and the misses says i can have one too.......now thats a bonus :thumbsup:

Oh sweet. twin turbo here we come :yes:

jerry!!

Thats the idea mate. :thumbsup:

In black i hope :drool::drool::drool::drool:

jerry!!

another way is when driving give it a bootfull then lift off the gas for a little bit then go back on. blue smoke=stem seals and/or valve guides :crybaby:

another way is when driving give it a bootfull then lift off the gas for a little bit then go back on. blue smoke=stem seals and/or valve guides 

thanks for that will try on the way home :crybaby::help:

Bugger.......all things pointing to the valve seals.......

question time.....how much is this going to cost me and is it a garage job or can i do it myself with limited tools and no access to lifting gear (i think not)

any ideas peeps :eek::crybaby:

It all depends mate anything from peanuts to £6000.

saw one in classic car mag going for £5495 ovno

so all depends on the rareity, some are more valueble than others

big thing is if they are still completely stock including the original push button radio.

when i get the smoke sorted mine will be up for about £4000

may be dreaming a bit if i cant get that i wont sell her

Side_on_view.sized.jpg

Bugger me j :thumbsup: ust been offered £4500 for the old girl is i get the smoke fixed........its in the garage as we speak..........

Try some oil additive, old toyota notorious for burning oil. Get a cheap bottle of smoke reducing oil thickener might keep the engine going alright for another while. I used to have to add oil very often if i was trashing the car but now it lasts fine until service time.

Bugger.......all things pointing to the valve seals.......

question time.....how much is this going to cost me and is it a garage job or can i do it myself with limited tools and no access to lifting gear (i think not)

any ideas peeps :eek::crybaby:

Thought so buddy :thumbsup: Oh well glad that you are getting it sorted. Then it's time to check out some twin turbo action :drool::drool::drool:

jerry!!

Yep I'd say its valve seals too , have a look for the breather pipe and get a plastic bottle and put the pipe into the bottle and drive around for a bit and see if theres any oil in it , it could be piston rings ?