Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arp Main Bearing Bolts

ajcluck

Hi all, i have just upgraded my main bearing bolts to the arp studs with washers and nuts, and when i went to put the sump back on the nuts closest to the flywheel end were sticking up to far, i measures the stud and cut about 5mm off, however the nut was still rubbing off the sump, i ended up filling down two groves in the sump before i could get a perfict seal. has anyone ever had this issue before?

yep well known issue, ARP really need to start putting a note in the boxes for this.

i used a 19mm round cutter in a router on mine looked nice and machined, you need to take care that you dont break through though or its off to an aluminium welder.

yeh i used a half moon file and it took about 2hrs as i was worried about going through the other end. once i got that on i cam across another problem, trying to get my twin plate clutch lined up. any suggestions?

yep youll need a splined alignment tool that aligns the splines. is the kit new? if so you should have got one with it. if not ask around on GT4oc if some one has a spare you can borrow :thumbsup:

yeh it was the top of the range job from fensport, but they never gave me anything like that. i managed to make a home-made effort, and it worked! now i just have to pick my turbo and ecu!!

really have to wonder about fensport, a twin plate kit should come with one but then after fitting one they arnt that good a design (from a fitting point of view unless they've changed the design).

ripped one of my gearboxes apart the other day to star rebuilding one for the rolla. in total ive had three from them. the first had a plate LSD, not good in a FWD car so i brought another which adrian told me was a helical. after some abuse i broke the 3rd gear synchro so brought another which was supposed to have a helical LSD in. thought the one in the car was busted as i kept lighting up the nearside wheel, so thought i might as well swap it while buildig up another box. turns out hes sold me two boxes with plain diffs in. not happy now lookin at about £4-500 for a diff :angry:

Thats a bit unfair, have you spoken to them about it? yeh the clutch was a total pain to fit. Are you just running a standard st205 gearbox on ur rolla? as i am a bit concered about running 450bhp through the standard box.

no point saying anything as ive had the box for about 4 years :(

using a std mr2 turbo box which is the same as the 4's but with a different diff and no transfer.

at 450 it will be spot on they will take 600bhp for a fair while, depends on how many drag launches you do :)

Oh well. nah will probably only do one or two just to see what it is capable of. there isnt anything else i should be replacing is there? i have forged the engine out with wisco pistons, eagle rods, arp bolts for conrods, main bearings and head. hks 1.6mm head gasket, full genuine toyota overhall gasket and O'ring kit, a new genuine toyota oil and water pump, hks valve springs, fensport twin plate ceramic cluth with lightend flywheel, nissan pulsar FMIC, engine has been bored out, head has been skimmed, crankshaft has been lightend and balanced, got rid of de-cat.

sounds like you got it covered if your swapping for larger injectors its worth doing the fuel rail mod (if your using the std one).

if you look where the fuel feed line bolts to the fuel rail (inside the bolt hole) you will see the hole that feeds into the rail is small. drill it out to about 6mm thoroughly clean the rail out after. it helps with fuel flow.