Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4.1 W Reg .... New Battery Suggestions Please

Zincubus

Hey , we have a W reg Year 2000 - Rav4 sport.

We only do about 5 - 10 miles per day and have noticed of late that the Rav is taking a few extra seconds to start - as though the batery is struggling to to the thingymabob . We do give it a blast on the motorway about once a week , incidently.

Please provide some suggestions for a new Battery.

I don't want the cheapest BUT we are not made of money :)

Battery suggestions and places would bve helpful .

Thanks .

if you do a search on this forum there have been a few posts this year with some different solutions.....

The SEARCH is the first thing I do ... after getting similar replies in the past.

This is the link to the SUGGESTED threads - not really that helpful to be honest.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...lite=%2Bbattery

Rather than reading all the possible threads it would probably be quicker for me to enlist on a car maintenance course at the local college !!!

Thanks anyway ???

The RAV Battery is part number 28800-YZZAA quite a small affair and not too badly priced at your Toyota dealer (£47.87) You could ask for a discount as it is an older model ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

My view is that a healthy Battery and charging system should not need any form of additional charger as in your seperate post. I think that Kingo's price is good.

Kingo. Are they jap batteries?

My view is that a healthy battery and charging system should not need any form of additional charger as in your seperate post. I think that Kingo's price is good.

Kingo. Are they jap batteries?

They are called "Optifit" batteries, made in Europe somewhere, but still have 3 year warranty and to be fair, are very good batteries

I have been quoted £ 55 at the local Toyota dealer for a proper Toyota Battery !!??

Also a different place quoted £44 for Bosch Battery but won't fit it.

Another one quoted £50 inclluding fitting for a Battery beginning with V ... Vendor ? Valor ??

Varta

A good Battery. Nothing wrong with any of them and just Follow Bobs instructions to fit it.

I have been quoted £ 55 at the local Toyota dealer for a proper Toyota battery !!??

Quote the part number above, still £47.87 INC VAT

I bought a new Battery from my local Toyota dealer - cost me a tad over £80 (including VAT) with no fitting - but the RAC man said that it was a fair deal.

I bought one a few months ago for £47 from my local dealer and they fitted it for free even though I don't use them for their overpriced servicing etc. I just rang them up beforehand to confirm that they would do this and they suggested a good time to go when they would not be too busy!

I have been quoted £ 55 at the local Toyota dealer for a proper Toyota battery !!??

Also a different place quoted £44 for Bosch battery but won't fit it.

Another one quoted £50 inclluding fitting for a battery beginning with V ... Vendor ? Valor ??

Sounds like the Toyota dealer one is a good deal.

name='Zincubus' post='837392' date='Jan 2 2009, 09:02 PM']I have been quoted £ 55 at the local Toyota dealer for a proper Toyota battery !!??

Quote the part number above, still £47.87 INC VAT

EDIT; Batteries all went up in price a lot last year due to the high costs of raw materials