Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Fuel Warning Light

Tazzy2814

Hi,

I have a Toyota Corolla 1.6CD auto and recently had the low warning light come on for the fuel. I try to avoid this wherever possible, but wondered roughly how much fuel I should have left at this point.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a Toyota Corolla 1.6CD auto and recently had the low warning light come on for the fuel. I try to avoid this wherever possible, but wondered roughly how much fuel I should have left at this point.

Thanks

I once managed to get 20 miles after my light came on... I could have had a few more miles but I chickened out and filled up :D

I think it usually comes on when you have about a Gallon left in your tank.

you cannot beat a fun game of fuel light bingo. :-)

as mentioned usually about a gallon left in most cars

I've managed to get about 45miles before i chickened out :lol: which for my type of driving was very surprising.

Did anybody see the Top Gear show, when they had to drive from somewhere in Europe to Blackpool on a single tank of fuel, which was about 750miles.

James May and Richard Hammond pick sensible cars, and Jeremy Clarkson pick Jaguar car which he knew he wasn't going to make it so he did everything in his powers to waste all his fuel just to make sure he couldn't get there.

Anyway, they were all surprised that all of there car did managed to reach the destination, and even Clarkson trip computer saying it was empty, still could of managed to get another 200miles further despite it showing an empty fuel tank.

Just shows how far you can go, on a single tank of fuel ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links