Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Quality Pictures Of My 2

CraigT

Got some nice weather the other day so I thought Id add some pictures here for you to check out:

The car is pretty much a stock (mint condition) Rev 3 but Ive added the 17" alloys, clear corners, and side repeaters.

MR2noplate1.sized.jpg

MR2noplate2.sized.jpg

This was it before the lights gettin changed:

109_0982.sized.jpg

109_0984.sized.jpg

109_0988.sized.jpg

i've sed it b4 m8, an i'll say it again, ur car looks SWEET AS pal.

pity u 4got to cover ur plate in the "older" pics, hehe :)

They're the official toyota clears from fenny's rite? they do look pretty nice on the car, looks like they'l be in my next order!

-Z

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah they are the official Toyota clear corners as seen on the rev4 and 5 I believe.

£80 from Fensport and I didnt have to wait very long either. Installation was dead easy aside from a few minor differences between the old corners and the new ones. All done within 10 mins.

Dont plan to do anything more to the look of the car because I think that MR2's look pretty damn good as they are.

Possibly the only other thing I may do is fit an induction kit. If I do, it will probably be during the summer sometime.

Snakeeater: when you fitted the 17"s did you notice you're speedo read differently: if not, what size tyres do you have all round?

Im being told I need to sort out me tyres to correct the speedo with how accurate it is.

Thanks

Adam

Ps: your car looks mint.

Snakeeater: when you fitted the 17"s did you notice you're speedo read differently: if not, what size tyres do you have all round?

Im being told I need to sort out me tyres to correct the speedo with how accurate it is.

Thanks

Adam

Ps: your car looks mint.

Well basically from what Ive been told is that the bigger the alloys the thinner the tyres should be. Therefore you are keeping a similar rolling radius.

I have done nothing to account for the bigger alloys. I'll check the exact tyre spec tomorrow and let you know.

EDIT: After the new alloys I found the handling a little shaky from 80mph onwards. Although to be honest I dont rape the car often enough for it to be an issue. At standard road speeds there is pretty much no difference at all.

Did they have to fit spacers with your new alloys? these can often cause a vibration at higher speeds. It's cause by the fact that some spacers don't allow the alloy to allign itself properally to the wheel hub. I had spacers fitted to mine when I got it - on the standard 15" wheels! God knows why! Anyway, I removed them and hey presto, no more vibration.

Nice car BTW, I usually don't like white vehicles, but the MR2 carries it off beautifully.

Did they have to fit spacers with your new alloys? these can often cause a vibration at higher speeds. It's cause by the fact that some spacers don't allow the alloy to allign itself properally to the wheel hub. I had spacers fitted to mine when I got it - on the standard 15" wheels! God knows why! Anyway, I removed them and hey presto, no more vibration.

Nice car BTW, I usually don't like white vehicles, but the MR2 carries it off beautifully.

Nope no spacers. I know this because I fitted them myself.

Hmmm well unless there is a flaw with one of the wheels - I would imagine a full balance and wheel alignment will solve the problem.

Hmmm well unless there is a flaw with one of the wheels - I would imagine a full balance and wheel alignment will solve the problem.

Yeah this is what I was thinking. Its something Im gonna look into soon however finding a reliable place to do it properly is the problem.

Would you recommend Mr T or somewhere like Halfords?

Dame, you've got me thinking seriously now about getting rid of the 17"s!!! and going back to stock 15"s....

If that would solve the speedo error and the handling issues then i think it may be worth it....

So, for me to get the setup you recommend what exact size 15" wheel do i need front and rear?

Thanks,

Adam

Dame, you've got me thinking seriously now about getting rid of the 17"s!!! and going back to stock 15"s....

Sounds like you've got the wrong profile tyres, not sure what profile you should have, a search here or on imoc should give you the answer.

Yeah this is what I was thinking. Its something Im gonna look into soon however finding a reliable place to do it properly is the problem.

Would you recommend Mr T or somewhere like Halfords?

Halfords do this ????

Erm... not sure about that mate.

Its called plus sizing. My 17" wheels and tires have the same rolling diameter as the stock wheels. (Ok...only 1% off) Basically, when you increase the diameter of the rim, you decrease the sidewall.

You shouldn't see any spedometer issues with 17s if you use a 40 series tire. The perfect fitment for mr2s for 17" rims are 215/40 (front) and 235/40 (rear).

that gives you a nice staggered fitment, with almost stock rolling diameter.

Oh...nice looking car!

I've had my clears on there so long, that i had forgotten how much of a difference they make!

:thumbsup: Very nice! And clean looking... did you smoke the rear corners or are they just darker because of the light?..

I have just recently changed my front corners SWEEEEEEETTTTT...... :group-cuddles:

Any one have any idea how easy it is to change the jap triangle side repeaters.. on the bumper? :help: So it looks like a u.k car?

Hhhmmm... I'd seriously consider getting those wheels now... very nice.

Yeah they have a nice clean look to them and the alloy is slightly chrome like in that its not dull like most alloys you see about. Im really happy with them.

:thumbsup: Very nice! And clean looking... did you smoke the rear corners or are they just darker because of the light?..

I have just recently changed my front corners SWEEEEEEETTTTT...... :group-cuddles:

Any one have any idea how easy it is to change the jap triangle side repeaters.. on the bumper? :help: So it looks like a u.k car?

No the rear lights are just stock rev3. I think they look darker in the pic than they do in real life. My camera is a bit tight on the ol' colour <_<

Right,

so if the profile is right (as in 40) then what else could be causing the excessive speed readings? It was a new speedo fitted about 2 months ago....so if thats ok, what else could it be?