Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirror Glass

booandthebabies

Hi,

I'm a new member here and I've done a search but I can't find the info I'm looking for, I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla and some person has decided to crack the off-side wing mirror glass, and I'm trying to work out how to remove the glass from the wing mirror, is it as simple as pulling it out or is there a different method, I don't won't to pull it off and find out that I have broken something inside.

I hope someone can help.

Vikki

Sorry to bump my own thread, can anyone help? I'd rather not have to take my car to the dealer unless I have too.

Hi,

I’m not sure if this helps, I recently replaced the wing mirror on 05 Corolla (driver side) the mirror had cracked by another on coming vehicle.

Luckily the whole unit was intact but the mirror had popped off and was cracked. The mirror was easily reattached to the unit; deepening on the Corolla model the electric mirrors has two connectors and a metal (hook) catch furthest away from the door which clips the unit and mirror into place.

When I ordered a replacement mirror from Toyota it was around £60 for an electric heated mirror and they even offered to fit the mirror for free as it was only a two minute job.

Depending on the damage I had to replace the mirror and electronic unit in the end which cost around £200. This included 30 minute labour to install unit.

I'll recommend taking the car down to Toyota to install the mirror for free less hassle.

Thanks,

Phil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links