Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Increase Power

mr m

hi fellow owners, i have a 2003 2.0vvti xt3, i tow a caravan with mine but find it struggles with my large 5 berth van,was wondering is it pos to increase the power partically in the low revs as its slow on hills and find i have to rev high to keep power?

hi fellow owners, i have a 2003 2.0vvti xt3, i tow a caravan with mine but find it struggles with my large 5 berth van,was wondering is it pos to increase the power partically in the low revs as its slow on hills and find i have to rev high to keep power?

You should try searching for mods for the engine - its a 2.0 vvti isn't it? I think that engine was used on the Celica and some other cars?

I'm not aware of mods that would give you a big boost, but try searching some of the USA sites as well.... the common things you'll find are things like K&N air filters......

You should try searching for mods for the engine - its a 2.0 vvti isn't it? I think that engine was used on the Celica and some other cars?

I'm not aware of mods that would give you a big boost, but try searching some of the USA sites as well.... the common things you'll find are things like K&N air filters......

hi thanks for that, did think may be it could be chipped,has any member tried that

hi thanks for that, did think may be it could be chipped,has any member tried that

Try sending Parts King a PM - he might know of one. I've seen mention but that was for the diesel.

Or what car has Hoovie got?

I don't really think that there's much to be gained from this engine as its pretty efficient already.

The 3SFE engine on the 4.1 was another engine where only incremental change could be made by air filters, exhaust.

The main engine where big gains can be made is the 3SGTE - where it runs 220bhp and can be modded to run 670bhp !! This is a turbo petrol and theres a bit of work to do in switching the engines as I know !

I'll keep looking.

• Like 1

Usually you'll only get decent gains (30%+) by chipping a turbocharged engine. Chipping non-turbos tends to add vaguely 10% if you're lucky.

But I think the right man has already answered :)

Usually you'll only get decent gains (30%+) by chipping a turbocharged engine. Chipping non-turbos tends to add vaguely 10% if you're lucky.

But I think the right man has already answered :)

thanks guys, guess i"ll just have to hold all the traffic up as i travel down the A roads with my caravan! or save up for a landcruiser!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links