Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Seatbelts

racbaz

Just a quick warning. The rear middle seatbelt in a verso is very dangerous. When it comes from the roof you clip it in then pull it over and clip it in to the reciever. When you undo it from the reciever it goes in so quick, if any one is sat to the right of you it will hurt them (as my 4 year old son found out when his nose started bleeding and scared his face after the buckle hit him straight in the face). Any one else had this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my Verso T-Spirit for almost 4 years now and my only gripe with the car is the seatbelts.

The roof retractable belt on these cars have to released carefully, I have often experienced the same problem as yourself.

The outer seat belts have the opposite problem. These are often caught in the door jams when a passenger is getting out as they do not retract efficiently. I have to be quick and say to my passenger to to check this as they leave the car.

if any one is sat to the right of you it will hurt them
One way to combat this is to stagger the seats. If the seat to the right is in front of the middle seat the belt will hit the side of the seat not the person in it. If the middle seat is in front of the right seat the belt will once again not retract near the person in the right seats face (unless they are leaning forward).

• 5 years later...

We have just had a Corolla Verso, my wife is saying when the middle seat is used, the belt that comes from roof is cutting across the child's face. Should there be some sort of tensioner, or is it something we need to purchase? We have boosters in the outer seats, so have to use the middle one for older child. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I have a Corolla Verso T3. I have experienced the same problems with the rear outer seat belts, in that rear seat passengers when exiting the vehicle, the seat belt turns itself thereby stopping the mechanism reeling the belt in. I thought it was just my vehicle but now know different!

If the belt(s) is/are not noticed before the rear door(s) are closed then the belt buckle gets trapped between the door and the 'D' panel slopping down to the sill. Result? A series of little dents and marks!

Why did Toyota not discover this problem earlier on when this model was being built?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links