Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Buy

p11p

CTS-C - Quicker car

CTR - Driven by chav's

Your choice ;)

:lol:

lol, suppose looking to get one by april as thats when the insurance is due

just been looking through the posts and is it possible to get them to 240bhp????????

on paper says type R is faster but it's defo not, i found that out for real!!!!!!!!!

i was exactly the same it was either compressor or type R for me too

i test drove them both an once drove the compressor that was it

an also the compressor is much more comfortable an so better equipped

there probably is a way to get it up to 240bhp but could be costly, to fair the 215bhp it's putting out is good!!!!

an if you fit an induction kit sounds amazing

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fVQIpOwzvh4

and as norfolk says type R driven by chavs an attracts unwanted attention, but i've never had that in compressor

i like the type-r's but it would have to be the compressor if it was me, as they are a limited edition car with only so many built,

its rarer and you only see them once in a bluemoon. you wont get a second look in a type-r. pull up in a compressor and it will turn heads.. ;)

plus more value for your money

Compressor defo! type Rs are really common. CTS Compressors are probably quicker our stock T-sports can keep with a type r till about 100 after that the type r will edge forwardly slowly but there is not much in it. Iv had a run with 4.

Iv had a play with a compressor aswell so i know what the difference between the two is.

Upgrades are possible to get the power more but its costly as said before.

on paper says type R is faster but it's defo not, i found that out for real!!!!!!!!!

there probably is a way to get it up to 240bhp but could be costly, to fair the 215bhp it's putting out is good!!!!

and as norfolk says type R driven by chavs an attracts unwanted attention, but i've never had that in compressor

toweylowey you having abit too much fun in the vid there lol the car sound sweet mate :thumbsup:

p11p: corolla compressor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all day long :thumbsup:

toweylowey you having abit too much fun in the vid there lol the car sound sweet mate :thumbsup:

p11p: corolla compressor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all day long :thumbsup:

careful wot your saying there, you can never have too much fun in a car!!!!! ha ha!!!

that's known as the porsche drag strip, my mate works there, the challenge is to get the highest speed before having to brake for the round-a-bout at the top.

yeah i love the sound of the car, sadly it's up for sale so i'll be gutted when it goes :-(

just been looking through the posts and is it possible to get them to 240bhp????????

Yes it is.

You'll need a FMIC and a few other upgraded bits from Silverstone Performance cost circa £2k

;)

First thing is to drive both, the ride in the CTR may put you off to start with, everything else is excellent except the image and the chance of being car jacked. As mentioned the chav factor makes leaving the CTR parked up a worry, the same won't happen with the old mans car ;)

Actually on paper I think the CTS-C just pips it. 170 BHP/ton to 166. Though it's pretty close, and as with all of these conversations the 0-60 will depend on the driver etc etc.

The CTS-C though is very rare, a proper sleeper and as already stated CTRs are chav mobiles.

Drive them both then see what you think.

There is one thing that a corolla t-sport & compressor need, a decent induction kit and a better exhaust. I think the most restrictive part of the exhaust system on a standard CTS is the backbox. Also on the compressor i think the standard exhaust system is crap...a fair few members have changed the exhaust on the compressors thats the only thing. Maintenance on these cars is simple and its a corolla it will last forever.

There is one thing that a corolla t-sport & compressor need, a decent induction kit and a better exhaust. I think the most restrictive part of the exhaust system on a standard CTS is the backbox. Also on the compressor i think the standard exhaust system is crap...a fair few members have changed the exhaust on the compressors thats the only thing. Maintenance on these cars is simple and its a corolla it will last forever.

What's wrong with the Compressor exhaust? Ok it only has a box on one side which does look a little strange. But the system actually sounds quite good, better than that farty noise you get when you bolt a bucket onto the back of your car!

Is the Compressor exhaust actually that restrictive?

What's wrong with the Compressor exhaust? Ok it only has a box on one side which does look a little strange. But the system actually sounds quite good, better than that farty noise you get when you bolt a bucket onto the back of your car!

Is the Compressor exhaust actually that restrictive?

Dont get me wrong or anything, The compressor exhaust is slightly flimsy and has had a problems it looks real nice and im going to get the same styling on my ts. I know what you mean about sounds of exhaust when putting on a custom system. Some of the members i know have really nice exhausts on there compressors. Kangzys had problems with his cat, i think towey lowey has aswell. I beleive hoover also changed his exhaust to an aftermarked system. I spoke to loads of places for my exhaust want it as quiet as possible. Came to the conclusion of 2.5" piping, with the silencer in the centre and then splitting two pipes from the centre box to the tail pipes so no boxes show behind the tailpipes. This would allow a straight running system with one back box leading out two tail pipes and juts before the tail pipes we were going to install mini silencers to keep the sound down. Removing centre boxes removes restrictions aswell but then using mini silencers near the tail pipes will keep the sound to minimum.

Im not to sure about the compressor exhaust being restrictive but im guessing it is as it runs under the car the same but the box has a lead pipe ...with tail pipes thats the only difference i think

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links