Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Delivered, Loving It!

Teemu

Took the delivery of red Aygo+ with mmt transmission and vsc, aircon and rev counter as extras on friday. As a bonus got the original scuff plates from Parts-King delivered just today. Those were not available as extras here in Finland. Ordered the car at September, luckily there was nothing huge at facelift as I got the "old" model.

Fitted a small led light on the glow box so its easier to find stuff next a light to the boot and maybe extra light to the roof on the back. Got also Scangauge to monitor the mpg and Garmin satnav, next up audio cable for connecting iPhone.

Love the car haven't driven much with mmt transmission before, transmission is working better than I anticipated. It's been very cold weather about -16 celcius here and Aygo warms up very nicely also and the vsc and traction control helps with the icy very slippery roads.

Thinking about getting armrest but not sure if it will block the cup holder from back seat which is nice.

Have driven now about 400 miles now and loving it! There is a voluntary oil change at 600-1800 miles here as part of the service schedule and oil change at 9300 miles and every other years after that and full service at 18600 miles and every two years after that.

Congratulations!!...........I hope you will continue to love your Aygo and have many happy miles of motoring in it :thumbsup:

It's been very cold weather about -16 celcius here and Aygo warms up very nicely also and the vsc and traction control helps with the icy very slippery roads.

Are the rear brakes drums or discs when you have VSC? In the brochure they look like discs.

Discs are used with VSC

Glad the scuff plates arrived swiftly with you Teemu ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Discs are used with VSC

So an Aygo with VSC will have rear discs? Cool B)

Don't know about the 2009 refresh, but TRC/VSC was only available on the front axle on the Aygo, C1 and 107. Drums on the rear.

Paul.

Discs are used with VSC

Are you sure???

I know for a fact that this car has VSC and it's got plain drums in the rear:

Aygoparked.jpg

wslampjes.jpg

Here the VSC is doing its thing...

Hmmm well that sorted me out. I have never seen VSC with drums TBH, apologies for my wrongness :blush:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Don't know about the 2009 refresh, but TRC/VSC was only available on the front axle on the Aygo, C1 and 107. Drums on the rear.

VSC is a 4 wheel system, otherwise it won't work! Traction Control obviously works on the fronf/drive wheels only.... so I'm told :wacko:

VSC is a 4 wheel system, otherwise it won't work! Traction Control obviously works on the fronf/drive wheels only.... so I'm told :wacko:

Obviously it is better if you can control all four wheels, but you still get some benefit of braking just one wheel on the front axle to correct over- or under-steer---better than not having it at all.

Paul.

In the Early days of ABS it was only possible on discs, nowadays

ABS is practically standard issue even if it's not mandatory yet...

The Aygo has ABS all the way around and all ESP/VSC/EBD does is control

the ABS hardware in a slightly different way, so the brakse themselves can

be the same, it's the software (and maybe some sensoras) that's different.

TCS only operates on the aygo's drive wheels, which are the front. Some TCS limit engine rpm, but the aygo simply operates the brake on the wheel that has lost traction. This allows the open (not limited slip) differential to transfer more torque to the wheel that still has traction.

VSC uses a yaw sensor and steering angle sensor to determine when the aygo is not pointing in the right direction (under/oversteer). The VSC in the aygo has control over all of the (standard disc & drum) brakes and operates whichever is needed to restore stability. Naturally VSC works together with ABS. Unfortunately, fitting VSC and TCS after the AYGO has left the factory isn't viable

In cold weather regions the Aygo has an additional electric heater to compliment the existing (engine coolant) heater matrix. The electric heater is used until the engine has warmed up. Some also have the option to route warm air to the rear footwells as well

VSC uses a yaw sensor and steering angle sensor to determine when the aygo is not pointing in the right direction (under/oversteer). The VSC in the aygo has control over all of the (standard disc & drum) brakes and operates whichever is needed to restore stability. Naturally VSC works together with ABS. Unfortunately, fitting VSC and TCS after the AYGO has left the factory isn't viable

Is there any documentation anywhere about the Aygo VSC?

Paul.

Some TCS limit engine rpm, but the aygo simply operates the brake on the wheel that has lost traction.

I though the Aygo also limits engine RPM, as Aygo's with VSC and TC

allways have Throttle by Wire instead of a regular cable-mechanism.

Yes there are normal brake drums on the back wheel.

The VSC seems to be unnoticable in normal driving not like on the small Smart I drove once where the VSC was on constantly when driving on slightly bumpy road even if it was summer!

The VSC came with the traction control as an extra for around 550 £ and it had to be ordered from factory but as mine is with mmt transmission they had to order it from factory as well. VSC and TRC lights are on the dash and they are mentioned on the manual, they blink when in action and lights constantly when in need of service. Nothing more about them though.

Is there any documentation anywhere about the Aygo VSC?

Paul.

Yes, with lots of diagrams :) PM me your email & I'll send you what I have

I thought the Aygo also limits engine RPM, as Aygo's with VSC and TC

allways have Throttle by Wire instead of a regular cable-mechanism.

Sorry, yes you are correct. The engine output is also controlled when VSC is in effect. It's a nice piece of kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jan, you're using my images over there! :)

Yes, that's my Aygo, with rear drums, and VSC. Do notice my rad parking skillz (just kidding), both red cars were already there when I decided to park it in that spot. One of the reasons I love it, it fits anywhere! ^_^

The second image is not how it is when VSC is at work, btw. That photo was taken when I had a failure in my throttle due to malfunctioning cruise control (I have that too). You can see the electrical system of VSC giving error, as well as the engine. The car would run fine, only I couldn't apply any throttle. No use driving when that happens, so here you can see the result:

Aygoberging.jpg

The weather was perfectly fitting for the way I felt at that moment... Do note that I didn't have my exceptional-rims fitted then. They arrived two weeks later.

Anyway, I've had the pleasure of driving from Bruges to Leiden a while back while it was snowing and freezing, and the trip of 221 km took me 7 hours. The snow was compacted onto the road into ice, and all the cars were sliding everywhere. Mine wasn't. VSC was working overtime, and it worked great. Even on ice my car was rather easy to control (while remaining careful of course). I noticed the light as well when VSC was working. The one with the skid-marks will be blinking when it is doing it's work. You also sense some vibration in the car while it's trying to maintain grip on the road. Great system, really!

My Aygo Blue was fitted with VSC, but it's not mentioned at all in the manual.

The system works great, and I can tell for sure that the VSC-system works on the rear wheels too!!

The roads in Norway can be h*** on earth sometimes, and under these conditions ESP is a potential life saver.

Anyway, I've had the pleasure of driving from Bruges to Leiden a while back while it was snowing and freezing, and the trip of 221 km took me 7 hours. The snow was compacted onto the road into ice, and all the cars were sliding everywhere. Mine wasn't. VSC was working overtime, and it worked great. Even on ice my car was rather easy to control (while remaining careful of course). I noticed the light as well when VSC was working. The one with the skid-marks will be blinking when it is doing it's work. You also sense some vibration in the car while it's trying to maintain grip on the road. Great system, really!

I hope everyone that has said that you don’t need VSC on a small car or a car that has under so many horsepower read this! Keep in mind that you also get traction control with VSC.

Snow ice or greasy roads, no problem with the electronic wizardry on board these days, anyone buying a new car should have this added as an option if it’s not standard.

I would absolutely recommend VSC also. It may save from accident and with VSC you get a bonus with traction control which has been excellent on the icy and snowy roads. Just yesterday road was very slippery on traffic lights, my Aygo had no problems but the car next to mine was having difficulties going forward even if Aygo has studless winter tyres!

In Sweden VSC is standard on all Toyota models Aygo included, in Finland VSC was 650 euros extra, absolutely worth it!