Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 Yaris

pork_pie

Have used a 1.33 SR when my wife's 2008 1.3 was in for repair (yet again).

Nice bits - the dash display is a vast improvement, the gear change is much lighter and the clutch works properly.

Not so nice bits - it still rattles a lot, the solution to the "hole" in the boot floor has been to remove the false floor and create a "lip" behind the rear seats, darkened "privacy" glass looks plain daft.

Unchanged - spec is poor (e.g heated mirrors are a MUST in this country), seats ain't that comfy, and fit and finish are random, over 140 miles it did 35 mpg - just like the old one.

The 1.33 engine is MUCH quieter than the old 1.3 but shares the lack of smoothness that the "old" engine suffers from. It also needs masses of revs to do anything, if you thought the old engine was flat this one makes it look really spirited, at least below 3000 revs. The sixth gear is a bit of a gimmick, most Yari live in town and / or do low mileages so many won't see the benefit. It really only exists to allow Toyota to get CO2 numbers down in the artificial tests.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T V O R

• pork_pie

• Parts-King

• alfiejts

Hi all.

This is my first post so if this has been mentioned elswhere I apologise.

I am a Driving Instructor and have been using Yaris diesels since I qualified. Because of the world economic uncertainty and the markets, I wasn't in a hurry to change my 56 plate yaris T2 D4D but the local dealer called me saying that stocks of this car were in short supply and would I be ready to buy a new one yet and part ex mine?

I have an e-mail contact in a dealership further south who agreed with that statement so I asked my guy to come up with some sensible figures.

After 2 weeks he did so I asked about availability. They'd only got black or silver and I didn't want either of those. I had a think for another week and called him back. It seems that now there are no stocks of the 2009 Taris TR diesel in ANY colour anywhere in the UK and lead time is 18 weeks.

I have been in contact since with Toyota UK who say the same so I asked them to give me a price so that I can one for 1st Sept delivery. Then they said that they cannot even promise a 1st Sept delivery date as "our delivery times are estimated" and cannot / won't give me a price as the markets are fluctuating so much.

I want to buy a car, presumably they want to sell me a car but we are at stalemate.

A friend has been having similar problems in trying to buy a Renault 4x4 in London.

No doubt the media will be telling us about falling car sales figures again soon. I wonder why that is ?

Does anyone know where there is one of these, or a low mileage pre owned one ?

Thanks

M

Go to anther Toyota dealer and do a deal on the car you want and get a deposit down. That way the order is placed and the price is fixed (on your part ex and the new car) and sit back and wait for however long it takes.

Hi all.

This is my first post so if this has been mentioned elswhere I apologise.

I am a Driving Instructor and have been using Yaris diesels since I qualified. Because of the world economic uncertainty and the markets, I wasn't in a hurry to change my 56 plate yaris T2 D4D but the local dealer called me saying that stocks of this car were in short supply and would I be ready to buy a new one yet and part ex mine?

I have an e-mail contact in a dealership further south who agreed with that statement so I asked my guy to come up with some sensible figures.

After 2 weeks he did so I asked about availability. They'd only got black or silver and I didn't want either of those. I had a think for another week and called him back. It seems that now there are no stocks of the 2009 Taris TR diesel in ANY colour anywhere in the UK and lead time is 18 weeks.

I have been in contact since with Toyota UK who say the same so I asked them to give me a price so that I can one for 1st Sept delivery. Then they said that they cannot even promise a 1st Sept delivery date as "our delivery times are estimated" and cannot / won't give me a price as the markets are fluctuating so much.

I want to buy a car, presumably they want to sell me a car but we are at stalemate.

A friend has been having similar problems in trying to buy a Renault 4x4 in London.

No doubt the media will be telling us about falling car sales figures again soon. I wonder why that is ?

Does anyone know where there is one of these, or a low mileage pre owned one ?

Thanks

M

I have had a similar experience whilst trying to purchase a new Mercedes.....................The dealer only seemed to want to sell me from his stock holdings and not the spec of car that I wanted.

I walked away from that dealer...................there are others :)

Thanks Red Yaris and TVOR but there are NO 2009 Yaris TR diesels in this country ANYwhere ATM. So no good going to another dealer. Mine could get me one from the other dealer if there were.

And neither they nor Toyota them selves will give me a price at ALL, let alone a fixed one !

Which is why I cannot even order one for Sept.

I have been in e-mail contact with Toyota UK but they say the same- no stock, no price, no proper lead time - 18 weeks is "estimated".

Friends who have dealt with Peugeot and Renault have been quoted long delivery times too but have been given fixed prices by *their* manufactureres. I am waiting for Toyota to answer the question posed Monday as to why *they * can't do the same. I've seen lots of IQs around so maybe that is the model they are pushing instead of the new Yaris.

I would even go for a pre owned one with low mileage if I could find one

M

Well, they are advertising the ‘New Yaris’ on TV at the moment which is a surprise if you can’t buy one. Any news from Parts-King about this situation?

Well, they are advertising the ‘New Yaris’ on TV at the moment which is a surprise if you can’t buy one. Any news from Parts-King about this situation?

-----------------

Dunno if there is stock of the petrol model but no stock of a diesel. Maybe they will make some eventually if the adverts produce a demand. I can't be the only in in the Uk who wants one ??

M

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links