Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing "active" Head Unit

J&A

Ive got a Rev.3 MR2 with active sounds (I assume- fitted with a 13704 cassette) and after the CD player went t**s up I decided to replace the head unit with something more modern.

With this in mind I got an Autoleads O/E to RCA adapter and a Kenwood KDC-W4041W to plug it into.

Got it all plumbed in without problems- well, one small one. Although everything lights up and seems to operate correctly I get absolutely no sound from the Speakers! According to the display the rear RCAs are switched on and in the correct mode ( "Rear" not "Subwoofer") but nothing happens on either channel.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can check whether I'm actually getting an output from the terminals as I'm loathe to just return it to the suppliers? Needless to say, replacing the O/E head unit makes the system work as it should. ANY pointers would be really welcome as I can't work this out at all! Cheers.

Without sound stupid or condescending towards you, what is it your trying to do, change the H/U cause the old one was broke or trying to add something new towards your system, like a subwoofer or amp with a new H/U as well?

Explain what you have in your setup?

From what i've read, and perhaps i could be mis-reading it, is that your trying to change your H/U cause the old one was old and broke. Now without adding anything thing new towards your setup (e.g. amp/sub) it sounds like a simple change the H/U old for new, and wire up the Speakers as so.

You brought a RCA adaptor, which changes speaker outputs into RCA (phono) output and tried to wire it up into your system, but with no joy. Changing the outputs like this, is for amplification setups.

From what i've googled, it has a set of pre-out's already from it, are you using this for anything or is it redundant?

Let me know if i got it right so far, if tell me which part i've gone wrong, and will see how to change your setup.

Bing

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links