Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batteries Just Die! Help Needed Asap Please

nasdu

Hi,

Am all new to this and have just bought my first hilux surf and am having a big problem.

It is the SSR X 3.0TD 1994 model with twin batteries.

I have bought 2 new batteries and fitted them, but they are just dying! Not holding there charge at all! Don't know where I am going wrong. Something is obviously draining them very quickly I suppose, but what?!

Have I got a big problem somewhere? Help is desperatly needed asap please. Had to jump it this morning!

Am not mechanically minded at all so if it is complicated it will have to go to garage to be fixed!

Thanks in advance,

Kim.

Sounds like you have a serious power drain there..... probably cost effective to employ an auto electrician :huh:

Get a hold of a voltmeter. switch it to V volts and select. 20 there will be settings for 200 etc. but you want the 20. start the engine and put the red from the meter onto pos Battery terminal. and the black from meter to neg bettery terminal. you should see upwards of at least 13.9. you want it to read 14.4 ish. then you will know the altenator is charging your battery`s,

Hi,

Am all new to this and have just bought my first hilux surf and am having a big problem.

It is the SSR X 3.0TD 1994 model with twin batteries.

I have bought 2 new batteries and fitted them, but they are just dying! Not holding there charge at all! Don't know where I am going wrong. Something is obviously draining them very quickly I suppose, but what?!

Have I got a big problem somewhere? Help is desperatly needed asap please. Had to jump it this morning!

Am not mechanically minded at all so if it is complicated it will have to go to garage to be fixed!

Thanks in advance,

Kim.

Hi, Watt is right.....you should chek first with the alternator (the unit that gives power to your batt) 14.4 is ok....14.00 is ok also. Then you must chek how many amp is "draining" your car......but i`m guessing that is the alternator that couses this problems, take it out, replace that small things inside ( i dont know the right word) and recharge the batteries good.

Than if your batteries are Non-Maintenence free chek the level of watter if thay are MF leave them as they are.

PS: I dont have two batteries in 2008 Hilux :(((

Thanks for the replies.

The Battery meter on the dash is reading over half way and this morning she started on the button.

Am hoping that it was just because she had been sitting for a long time, but will check altinator just in case.

Thanks again,

Kim

take it a good run with everythn off. i.e. rear window demister. lights . all the draining stuff. when you use the vehicle at night mostly and winter. u have heaters. wipers radio demister etc all on and it will be short journeys. this eats the battery`s. hope you get it sorted. and its a free or real cheap fix. cheers

take it a good run with everythn off. i.e. rear window demister. lights . all the draining stuff. when you use the vehicle at night mostly and winter. u have heaters. wipers radio demister etc all on and it will be short journeys. this eats the battery`s. hope you get it sorted. and its a free or real cheap fix. cheers

Thanks for all your help guys. Hopefully I'll get it sorted real soon

kim :)