• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spanners

• SMW

• TheNissanMan

• sebuk

Your Toyota Dealer should be able to order them for you.

They are a bit expensive though, around £125

Am not sure if the Yaris D4D (as sold in Belgium) uses the same Sat Nav system but would recommend spending the money of the DVD/CD whatever it uses, the signage over here is really bad and without Ingrid (name family has given to satNav) would be so lost....

Am surprised at how good the standard Sat/Nav system in a Yaris actually is although her Belgian pronunciation of names can be quite amusing at times....

• 1 month later...

hi there,

I am also desperately looking for the navigation CD rom - France - for the TNS 200 system.

EUR 134,- ? any other ideas? anybody?

thanks,

tns@inreon.de

Not sure which DVD's you get as standard over here, my folks have a 2003 RAV4 with Sat/Nav, the car is registered in Belgium but the Sat/Nav (DVD based) already works in every European country....

I've used it in Belgium and over here in the UK and can't fault it, great piece of kit.

• 1 month later...

I was also interested in the cd roms (bit of a techy freak, just but a 2001 avensis cdx 2.0) but there is very limited information, whch in these days of piracy etc is just as well, ah well best take the cd out of my re-writer seeing as it doesn't even pick it up soz

It is possible to copy TNS200 CDs. I manged to make a copy of my own (from Avensis '02).

The data doesn't seem to be standard PCROM format - you can't see any files on the PC. It didn't work first time I tried, but then I tried a piece of software called "CloneCD", and that did it. I have heard of people making successful copies with other packages too. I'm told that the key is to set your software to copy the sub-channel data as well as the tracks.

I'm also looking for a CD for France. Only need it for ten minutes!

Price I was quoted by my dealer was £134!

I bought my Rav4 new in 2001, the CD for the TNS 200 was already ot of date as it did not include some recent motorways in the UK, such as the M60 extension. It seems wrong to haveto buy a new CD. Any other software would just sell an upgrade at a reduced rate. Does anyone have any info on whether this is the case, or wherei could get a copy to duplicate? steve@map-plc.co.uk

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All

Just joined the Club Ihave just changed My 2000 2.0 TD Avensis for a 2001 D4D GLS with the TSN 200.The UK CD does'nt work over here in Northern Ireland and I priced one from a dealer in Eire and was quoted 500 euro +vat.I think that is ridiculous but would be quite willing to purchase the Irish CD if the price was reasonable.I think that £135 for the French version reasonable and I would apreciate it if somebody could give me an alternative outlet to try

Fred

I have a DVD writer at my disposal and also do data retrieval work for a living so copying DVD and CD in any old format is not usually a problem, getting compatible disks can be a mission sometimes, but i'll help out if i can.

jon@unitylowrider.co.uk

Hi All,

I'm new here and new to Toyota. I'm interested in discs covering France and Switz/Austria/N Italy.

Does anybody have recent versions of these for sale or rent?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I would love to get a copy of the France CD for the TNS200 (standard in Previa and other models 2000/01). I'd rather not have my wife wandering around the backroads of France :arrgg-matey:

If you have one and you're anywhere in SE England, please drop me a note on martin_band@yahoo.com. I'll bring the laptop and copy it at a location convenient to you :)

Thanks very much,

Martin

Your Toyota Dealer should be able to order them for you.

They are a bit expensive though, around £125

I'm not sure wether Toyota do this, but Lexus will hire out european mainland CD rom's.

All as Lexus do is take your credit card details and unless the disc is not returned or damaged then they don't charge anything.

Give Toyota GB ar call on 01737 363633

Maybe you can get regional navigation CDs (DVDs) cheaper form the manufacturer of software...usually I think it is made by Navtech...as I don't have in-dash navigation, I can't say exactly, but there is a chance that somewhere it says who produced the software and CDs for Toyota...I think also that navigation units are made by Panasonic, maybe try them for cheaper solutions...

I have for disposal a CDRom TNS 200 for this country am looking to swop for a CDRom TNS 200 for Germany

Anybody help.

I have a CD for France (old one 09/00) if it can help...

contact me by PM.

Vinz

Hello all

I have just bought a Yaris GS (my first Toyota) and am delighted with it. Whilst looking for a CD player for it in my local car breakers I spotted one with a sat-nav system included and decided to buy it. Then I got a shock when I went to price the cd £108 plus the dreaded Vat, almost as much as the unit cost me!! Looking at the posts I see this is a problem for a lot of people. Can anyone help a damsel in distress with the UK cd and stop me from getting lost. I`m willing to part with some cash but think nearly £130 is a bit steep.

Regards

Lollo

With regard to my previous post concerning sat-nav fitted to a Yaris. My display unit has lettering to indicate that it is fitted. Is this the case or is the lettering added to all cars whether sat-nav is fitted or not. Is there another componentthat is required

Thanks

Lollo

What lettering are you talking about? You're too vague about where this lettering is appearing and what that lettering says.

Did you get the head unit (display) AND the seperate cd player (looks like a DVD player) AND the aerial from the breakers? You will need all three to get a working system. Discs can be obtained for less than the amount you were quoted.

Nick

Hello Lollo,

Do you mean the word "NAVI" that appears just under the "TRIP" button?

I fear that appears on all units and doesn't necessarily mean you have any Sat-Nav.

Borrowed a Yaris last week whilst my Avensis was in for a service. The Yaris had the word "NAVI", but unlike the Avensis, no navigation system. As Nick says the Sat-Nav component is a separate unit.

Hope this helps,

Graham.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is of any use. If you are looking for DVDs with RDS-TMC (Traffic message channel) enabled the company that produce them in the UK is ITIS Holdings plc. Tel 0161 927 3600. www.itisholdings.com

This facility, I believe is available only on the Avensis but they may be able to point you in the right direction for other discs.

I have a question, does anyone have first hand experience of using RDS-TMC and if so what is your view - Is the traffic congestion avoidance system reliable?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...
It is possible to copy TNS200 CDs. I manged to make a copy of my own (from Avensis '02).

The data doesn't seem to be standard PCROM format - you can't see any files on the PC. It didn't work first time I tried, but then I tried a piece of software called "CloneCD", and that did it. I have heard of people making successful copies with other packages too. I'm told that the key is to set your software to copy the sub-channel data as well as the tracks.

hi Peter,

:help:

could u pls make a copy of the cd for tns200 (I have 2001 ver.) & post to me?

of course I'll pay reasonable amount.

do u know if it's possible to get a Europe cd? - I wish have too.

I'm not very skilled at computer & have no clue abt all the burning cds :wacko: .

Pls replay on the following address: olejnik@tesco.net

thank you anyway,

sebastian.

hi Peter,

:help:

could u pls make a copy of the cd for tns200 (I have 2001 ver.) & post to me?

of course I'll pay reasonable amount.

do u know if it's possible to get a Europe cd? - I wish have too.

I'm not very skilled at computer & have no clue abt all the burning cds :wacko: .

Pls replay on the following address: olejnik@tesco.net

thank you anyway,

sebastian.

Theres a TNS200 CD for sale on eBay at the moment