Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TNS 200 Nav

ctoneman

Theres a TNS200 CD for sale on ebay at the moment

Will disk for TNS 300 work on TNS200? I want a TNS200 disk for Holland, Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. Someone said you could hire them which might be an option if the Europe disk (CD? DVD?) is pricey to buy - which I suspect it will be.

eBay have mseed me up at the moment and won't let me in - they say I'm using a previously suspended account. I guess they've got wires crossed somewhere!

Patrick

Durham

• 2 months later...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spanners

• SMW

• lollo

• Alex72

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased my Avensis T4 in Sept 2003 new. I have been told it should have had a DVD but came with CD. I complained when I found out some months later that the September model should have had DVD but to no avail.

I have just tried to get an updated CD from the dealer. The parts chap got in a DVD in spite of me specifically stating I had a CD. In the end I got a refund as they took the price of a DVD off my credit card. I said I would wait for next years updated CD. The parts chap stated that the CD is no longer being updated and it would only be DVD updates from now on.

If this is so I think Toyota should change that decision and provide us CD TNS 200 owners with with updated versions CDs.

Does anybody know if there are going to be any CD updates or is the parts guy correct?

To update a CD to DVD is not viable and so owners like me may be forced to purchase a non fitted SAT/NAV system which is updated from another manufacturer.

> I purchased my Avensis T4 in Sept 2003 new. I have been told it should have had a DVD but came with CD. I complained when I found out some months later that the September model should have had DVD but to no avail.

The 200 system is CD based, the 300 DVD.

> To update a CD to DVD is not viable and so owners like me may be forced to purchase a non fitted SAT/NAV system which is updated from another manufacturer.

Well, I've been and come back now. I used maps! Got everywhere I needed.

One advantage of a stand alone system like Tom Tom is one can download other data sets for it - like where all the speed cameras are!

As I have mentioned on another reply I am going to buy Tom Tom 300.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya does anyone have a spare 2003 TNS200 disc they are willing to sell please

Chris Taylor

I might be able to help if you e-mail me on tw101a0243@blueyonder.co.uk :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Theres a TNS200 CD for sale on ebay at the moment

Will disk for TNS 300 work on TNS200? I want a TNS200 disk for Holland, Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. Someone said you could hire them which might be an option if the Europe disk (CD? DVD?) is pricey to buy - which I suspect it will be.

Hi Mark,

TNS200 and TNS300 are definately not compatble.

However, I might be able to help you with some of the maps you need. Write to me on 'djmugge [at] hotmail.com'

Finn

couple of questions - first one is a bit of a dumb one, but sometimes the things that should be simple aren't - I've an 03 Avensis (old style) with sattelite nav, but I don't know whether it is the tns200 or 300 version, the instructions don't seem to give me any clues. I'm basically looking at seeing if I can get a european CD at some point for it.

Second question is regarding the traffic congestion avoidence system on the unit - do many people have problems getting it to work? I can't rely on it at all, as probably 80% of the time I get no reception when I most need it (I'm mostly driving on main roads like M25, M4 etc) & when I do get reception the information is simply not very good or up to date

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hoi Keeszuy

Ben ook geinteresseerd in CD TNS 200 Benelux en Europa,

Kunnen we wat egelen??

scateng@hotmail.com

Vast veel dank

• 2 weeks later...

they are often on sale on ebay

Hi,

Does anybody have the latest version of the TNS200 UK Cdrom?

I have just bought a 2001 Avensis vvti with satnav, but the disc is release 00-5. I think this is year 2000.

If anyone has latest version, are they willing to copy it for me or lend it to me so that i can copy it?

I am willing to pay.

Many thanks.

Sooty :help:

just brought an avensis today :) thankfully foudn this forum and realised was no cd in the tns 200., if anyone can help with one woul dbe appreciated

cheers

Az

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

just brought an avensis today :) thankfully foudn this forum and realised was no cd in the tns 200., if anyone can help with one woul dbe appreciated

cheers

Az

Az,

Drop me an im and I will arrange something with you about a 2003 version disk.

Sooty :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Sooty,

PM doesn't work for me I'm afraid. I'm interested in copies of latest version disks for UK and France to suit TNS 200. If you can help please email me at pete@pdcracing.**************

Many thanks,

Spanners.

Edited by Admin

Users

Please bear in mind that copying TNS software is illegal. This is a public forum and TOC does not support any members who post about illegal activity, implied or otherwise.

If you choose to LEND a CD to another member that is a different matter but either way it is suggested that PRIVATE transactions of this nature take place via PM (personal messages) rather than on this public forum.

You need a few posts under your belt before you can use the pm system.

Thanks.

:thumbsup:

Does anyone knows that wether TNS 200 comes with ETA guidance and if yes than how you know your system has that feature.

As far as I'm aware TNS 200 does not come with ETA as standard. This is an additional box which connects into the loom using a splitter harness and sits beside the TNS box. I know it does work with TNS 300 but not sure about TNS 200 - it may require different disks to operate??????

On another point regarding TNS 200 disks - I've just obtained a genuine 2004-2005 Version 1 disk which had a Toyota part number sticker on the outside of the packaging and on this sticker was printed the letters "DVD". Now, we all know that TNS 200 is CD based, don't we? In fact, on opening the packet and inspecting the disk you find printed on the label side the "Compact Disk" logo, confirming that it is of course correct for the TNS 200. It seems that Toyota are doing their best to confuse their parts people (generally not difficult in my experience!) by wrongly labelling the product. Perhaps this is why some parts personel will tell you that you can't get update disks for TNS 200 CD based systems anymore! TNS 300 is of course DVD based and its disks will not work in TNS 200 as we all know!

Spanners

Many thanks for the reply.

There is a small seperate box beside the CD containing box in the boot.

Do you know where i can get the CD with feature of ETA.

they are often on sale on ebay

Hi,

Does anybody have the latest version of the TNS200 UK Cdrom?

I have just bought a 2001 Avensis vvti with satnav, but the disc is release 00-5. I think this is year 2000.

If anyone has latest version, are they willing to copy it for me or lend it to me so that i can copy it?

I am willing to pay.

Many thanks.

Sooty :help:

please bear in mind that TOC does not endorse illegally copying Sat Nav CD or software whatsoever.

Buy a legal copy from your dealer.

Many thanks for the reply.

There is a small seperate box beside the CD containing box in the boot.

Do you know where i can get the CD with feature of ETA.

Am I correct in assuming that you don't have a disk at all? And if that's the case, are you sure you have a TNS 200, not a TNS 300? TNS 200 is CD based and will have a sticker on the back of it with the part number 08662-00840. TNS 300 is DVD based and has the part number 08662-00850. I don't know much about the ETA system and TNS 200 but I think if you have a TNS 300 you should be looking for a TNS 310 disk to get the ETA system to work. Someone else might be able to confirm this????????

My Avensis ('02), comes with traffic info, but it may be from the radio rather than the sat nav.

Does anyone know the date of latest version CD for TNS 200?

After going on the M6 toll road yesterday and totally confusing the system, (it thought I was in a field, lol) I decided it must be time to upgrade.

Any info on where to obtain (without Toyota prices) or help gratefully received.

Pm me if you'd rather.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links