Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Mirrors & Security!

z-tune-z2

Sorry for the general questions regarding the T Sport (05) that require no more than a sentence to reply!

I was just wondering, how difficult should it be to fold the wing mirrors back so that you don't get them knocked off? I've attempted to pull it shut a few times but each time I worry it will snap off. So I always stop applying force, I feel I already exert a lot on it, but it doesn't budge at all. I checked the handbook and I don't recall any special method to fold them, simply fold them as you do any other mirror. They're not electric right? I didn't see any info on electric mirrors in the handbook.

Also, is it possible for the car to be stolen if someone got in to the car? I understand it has excellent security, deadbolts and whatnot, but I am always worried I didn't lock the door even if I have. Paranoid guy I suppose. To me, the car is worth a lot and my parents insist on making me purchase a steering lock to further deter intruders from trying to steal it.

Is this necessary?

Thanks again!

the mirrors are stiff to fold, but they will go.

security wise, even if someone got in your car it has an immobiliser, so without the key they can't start the engine, and without a key very slight turn of the steering wheel will lock it up, so no one will be able to steer the car, it will only go in the direction you left the wheels when you parked.

You're lucky you can fold yours in... I dont think I can even do that on mine.

I've got the 2001 T-Sport and I dont think its possible to fold them in... Always getting clipped by muppets with no concept of space. I like to think they're jealous of the shiny chilli-red paintwork haha! xx

I've tried folding the mirrors in on my car and they didn't budge, so I just assumed they were fixed. Perhaps you can lubricate them in some way, bit of WD40 perhaps?

Thanks armoredfist2002, you saved me quite a bit of money :P

Also thanks for the other comments guys, it's very odd, it really feels as if I will snap them off if I try harder. I may have ago with some WD40 at some point but for now I guess I'll try to park accurately enough so cars can't take out one side, and pedestrians wont walk in to the other!

Thanks for your help guys.

All mirrors fold, so they dont cut a pedestrian in half if you happen to nudge one :eek:

They may be stiff to move but will fold in

Kingo :thumbsup:

give them a wack, don't gradually push them, is the easiest way, plus once you've dont it a few times, it's easier to do.

My mirrors are very stiff. I don't think they have ever been folded in!!

Good to know that they do though. ;)

Both of mine go easily but then I always put the one next to the traffic in when parked at home and whilst at work - it's always different sides depending on what way the car is parked and what side of the road its on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links