Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhuast System For The Mister Two...

Funkadelic

MR2 I'm now almost certainly getting has a bit of a problem - Massve 5" slash cut powerflow exhaust.

It sounds fantastic but really isn't my style any more and I'd like to fit something smaller and more modest looking (it is, afterall, a N/A MR2). It still has to sound good though!

Could I, in theory, just fit smaller exhaust tips or would I have to get a whole new system?

In theory I suspect doing this would be fine. How are you going to attach the tips - i.e. cut off the old ones and taper the pipe down to a smaller exit. You'd need to do a bit of welding.

The only thing you need to ensure is that your new, smaller pipe does not restrict exhaust flow. Is the existing pipe a twin a or single side exhaust.

It's a twin pipe...

I don't actually know how the assembly of this particular exhuast works to be honest!

I guess I could probably take it to a powerflow place and get a smaller back box(es) put on, but you're right - I wouldn't want an otherwise free flowing exhaust to become restricted right at the end. Maybe I'll just give them a call. I would've thought something like a 2" bore should be fine.

I'd just prefer something a little less outrageous-looking (but still great sounding).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links