Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is A 1991 Carina Ii 1.6 Auto Exhaust Manifold Shared With Any Other Mo

jimcturner

Hi Folks,

I wondered if anyone knows whether or not my 1991 Carina II 1.6 GL auto shares an exhaust manifold with any of the other Toyotas of the period? Mine's fitted with the 16V 4AF carburettor engine.

The problem with my manifold is that it's got a bad blow where it meets the exhaust downpipe. Whilst attempting to fit a new front section, a not-so-helpful-garage-chain managed to break two of the studs. It seems that Carina II's are few and far between and hence the one scrap yard that has a manifold wants silly money, particularly as the studs on the replacement unit may be as weak as the ones on mine were. Thus I'm currently debating whether to fix the car or scrap it (which would be a shame since it's low mileage and otherwise in good condition).

Can anyone recommend a scrap yard within the M25, preferably near to West London?

Following on from this, I wondered if anyone has any experience of removing a previously untouched manifold from this age of car/engine. What's the realistic likelihood of the bolts into the head snapping/shearing (and also, does anyone have the torque values for those bolts?)

Any help/tips appreciated.

James

• 4 weeks later...

There were Corollas with that engine but I'm not sure if they'd use the same mani, fingers crossed u get to keep yr mighty Carina II on the road for many more years! B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links